Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackberry or I-Phone

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Nokia E71:

• Smartphone with actual qwerty keyboard, perfect for text, email and using forums on the move - no gimmicky, easy-to-smash touch screen
    • Comparatively large screen for a smartphone
    • Runs the Symbian operating system - far wider range of apps than for Blackberry, almost as many as for the iPhone (Google maps, Skype, BBC iPlayer and various other internet TV/radio apps, games, etc, etc.)
    • Open source so there are lots of homebrew apps, emulators, etc out there (I play SNES, NES and Mega Drive games on mine, as well as running fully functional versions of Doom, Quake and SCUMMvm, which I use to play Curse of Monkey Island and Beneath a Steel Sky)
    • Fast processor that allows for very easy multi-tasking - ever try listening to music, while texting, while downloading on an iPhone? No, because it's a nightmare, if it can be done at all!
    • Removable/replaceable battery - a major, major advantage over the iPhone
    • Cool, reflective steel design
    • GPS compatible with Google Maps/Streetview

And all the other usual stuff you'd expect from a high end phone. For me, this phone crushes both the iPhone and the Blackberry mainly due to its incredible flexibility.

Administrator

England
    iPhone. absolutly without a doubt.. i got a 3G for christmas a couple of years ago and ive loved it since. pictures are ok quality (who cares if their not the best? seriously?) but it has so many hundreds of good apps for it.

United States
    I have a T mobile My touch, and I love it. I love the freedom of stuff I can put on it and how I can edit/alter it to my liking compared to the I phone (Which you have to basically jail break to do anything)
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I have a T mobile My touch, and I love it. I love the freedom of stuff I can put on it and how I can edit/alter it to my liking compared to the I phone (Which you have to basically jail break to do anything)
    thats the 1 thing thats putting me off the i-phone, do i really want to get myself tied to the Apple mafia.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Have you ever owned an i pod? I must say i used to just dismiss them as another mp3 player but once you own one you will never go back. I also happen to love blackberry's as well.
    :
    The iPods good and all, but they're far from the best MP3 players out there. The Creative series of MP3 players is superior in every way, really. I've had a Creative Zen for slightly more than two years now, and it's soooo much better than any iPod. The iPods battery deteriorates really quickly by comparison. With an iPod you can't slide in an extra memory card. And with a creative you DON'T need fucking iTunes!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    The iPods good and all, but they're far from the best MP3 players out there. The Creative series of MP3 players is superior in every way, really. I've had a Creative Zen for slightly more than two years now, and it's soooo much better than any iPod. The iPods battery deteriorates really quickly by comparison. With an iPod you can't slide in an extra memory card. And with a creative you DON'T need fucking iTunes!
    honestly if my iphone didnt also double as a 16gig ipod id use a creative inc mp3 player, have for years, theres one like a small black stone for like £20 in hmv that holds 2 to 4 gigs of music. its no ipod but thats still enough when you can drag and drop a lot before you leave the house. the bigger ones dont look as nice though, but the little ones are the perfect budget player that can take a mean beating.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    My creative Zen has 8 gig built-in and I can pop in a 32 gig memory card as well. So, point Creative big time on that one.