Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2009 member awards

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i win England, it is now my bottom bitch.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i win England, it is now my bottom bitch.
    England just wins in general, son...

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Best Female Member
    ZombieGirl
    DebbieAngel 4
    Chic Freak 10
    Nathalie
    Lady of Darkness 3
    Aw, I only just found this thread. Thank you guys <3

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    What do the winners get as a prize? I had my sights set on a HPotD thong personally...
    *hopeful face*

My belated nominations:

Best Male Member: _liam_ *snigger*
    Best Female Member: debbieangel
    Favourite American: oof, too hard to choose!
    Favourite Brit: MZ. We probably only agree on things maybe 50% of the time, if that, but that makes our chats way more interesting as we are always able to keep the debate civil and never get personal. This is a rarity
    Wish you'd come back award: either Cody or coma
    Best Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Best Male Member ... too many to choose from... (wait a minute, that makes me sound like a slut ... ignore that! )
    Voice of reason: Terran. he used to end so many debates on here just by being way, way more knowledgeable than anyone else.
    Last edited by Chic Freak; 20-Apr-2010 at 01:37 PM.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    Very kind Chic.

I'd say we agree more than 50% of the time though, and we agree politically broadly speaking (usually) in discussions that come up on HPOTD - which are often on social topics ... and me being a 21st century "liberal conservative" that means I'm socially liberal and financially conservative.

I appreciate the irony of saying we agree more than 50% by disagreeing with the quoted number.

Canada
    I'm still proud of the fact that I won the best Canadian award by default.

United States
    Yeah, I know I'm late to the party.

Best Male Member - I always assumed you were all female
    Best Female Member - All of you
    Best ZFE - DJFunkmasterG
    Best Staff Member - I am not familiar with the staff's members
    Favourite American - clanglee, most sensible mofo around!!
    Favourite Brit - MZ
    The Flyboy Award - That's tough... most of the regulars are helpful
    The Rhodes Award - Philly, though it's the most civilized and dizzying antagonism ever
    Best Quote - MZ (Most entertaining posts evah!! perzactly!!) and honorable mention for clang ("spoon in the ass" baby)
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd say we agree more than 50% of the time though, and we agree politically broadly speaking (usually) in discussions that come up on HPOTD - which are often on social topics ... and me being a 21st century "liberal conservative" that means I'm socially liberal and financially conservative.
    Hmm, very broadly... how can you be socially liberal if you vote Conservative? They're not exactly progressive, in fact they're the opposite, which is, well, conservative (i.e. regressive).

*goes to hug a gay tree*
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Hmm, very broadly... how can you be socially liberal if you vote Conservative? They're not exactly progressive, in fact they're the opposite, which is, well, conservative (i.e. regressive).

*goes to hug a gay tree*
    Modern Conservatives (and this is the same across many parts of Europe) practice "liberal conservatism" - socially liberal, financially conservative - and that's me summed up nicely - although I'd add that I'm no doubt more socially liberal than current liberal conservatives in general (there's a mouthful, ho-ho! ).

As society has progressed, so too has the Conservative movement - some haven't followed of course, and indeed there are some splinters who moved far right which isn't a good thing, but the Conservative Party in the UK is a broad church so-to-speak, but David Cameron has done an absolute shed load to modernise the party and bring them into the 21st century, and continually further and further away from "Social Conservatism" (or at least the backwards thinking, out-moded, pre-21st century parts - the importance of family remains, but unfavourable things like anti-gay thinking is rightfully given the boot).

It should be noted that many parties share "Social Conservatism" issues (such as prohibition of drugs and prostitution - politically hot and complex potatoes) ... of course there still remain certain issues that are controversial, but in a free society everyone has a right to express their view and hold a belief in something. The natural swing though moves further and further in favour of things like Stem Cell research ... but even something like Euthanasia remains intensely controversial, even within centre-left parties.

There's still some unreconstructed farts in the back benches, but the LibDems and Labour have the exact same problem - a problem that'll kick the bucket in not too long.

So yes - "liberal conservatism".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_conservatism
    Modern European liberal conservatism combines current conservative policies with more liberal stances on social or moral issues. Most centre-right political parties in Europe are usually liberal conservative. Compared to a different group of centre-right parties, such as Christian democratic parties, liberal conservatism is less traditionalist, and usually more libertarian in economy, favouring low-taxes and small government.
    Indeed I saw something online the other day that was quite interesting. The Conservative Party are 'trending' to the left, and the Liberal Democrats are 'trending' to the right ... and arguably Labour are 'trending' deep into leftist territory.

I'm becoming easily exhausted by politics of late though, I've been ravenously following blogs and the news for the last few years, and I'm finding myself tired out by it all more easily these days ... particularly having to explain my political beliefs to my circle of friends (I'm not including you in this comment, nor am I suggesting a back handed comment ... rather, in my circle of friends I've known since high school, I've been getting into extensive political arguments with them lately where I've routinely been having to explain my political position, as so often they (again, not including you in this comment) misinterpret me, or can't see my reasoning through their politically tinted glasses ... ... long story short, it's been exhausting me).
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 21-Apr-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Undisclosed
    I feel I am a bit unqualified to nominate people since I have not been around in any real capacity for so long...My awareness of members will be limited as well.

Best Male MemberCapnCnut...cause he like does stuff...

Best Female MemberChic Freak...cause I recognize her from the past...and she just complimented me.

Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Neil...cause of this place and once I won one of the contests.

Best Staff MemberKaos....cause Ive been to his house and met his family and Der_Deutsche
    Favourite AmericanKaos again see above.
    Favourite BritNeil...see above
    Wish you'd come back award Ana
    Wish they'd let you back award Keep em gone!
    The Flyboy Award MinionZombie....
    The Rhodes Award Khardis
    Best Quote HLS...sweet jesus she said so many unintentionally funny things...I guess what comes to mine is she consistently misspelled toilet as torlet...and that always killed me
    Voice of Reason Award:Kaos
    Lifetime Acheivement AwardNeil ...Hes got like oodles of achievements...this place...me as a member... etc etc...I suppose his child would be somewhere in that list

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Voice of reason: Terran. he used to end so many debates on here just by being way, way more knowledgeable than anyone else.
    *Mmmm* Im going to use this to make an ego sandwich.

Someone compare me favorably to a robot, then get me some mustard!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    ...including every members mothers.
    My mother had a sex change

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    And that affects me HOW? In fact that turns me on more...

Love them ladyboys!
    But they went from man to woman. If Terran's momma went the other way, from woman to man, then (s)he's gonna be all macho and hairy and gross now.

No offense Terran

Undisclosed
    None taken....It wasnt true anyhow, was just trying to mess with Capn...but I guess he took it as if my dad had the sex change...

Undisclosed
    Capn Dallow loves himself a mustache ride.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    New show coming to town...

from the people who brought you The Ladyboys of Bangkok...

comes....

THE MANOWOMEN OF SAN FRANCISCO!!

Canada
    He is pretty rugged looking.