Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Total Recall (film) remake...

Administrator

England

Total Recall (film) remake...

Can't wait to see what they do with this

The original was over the top but sassy and excellent!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8080966.stm
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    it's almost a sin to remake an arnold film in my book. not too sure about this. and jesus christ, when the hell will they stop remaking so many films...even the remake well ought to run dry at some point, i think...but not anytime soon, apparently.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    it's almost a sin to remake an arnold film in my book. not too sure about this. and jesus christ, when the hell will they stop remaking so many films...even the remake well ought to run dry at some point, i think...but not anytime soon, apparently.

And when their done with the remake train they are always "reboots".

So it looks like we're just fucked.

But yeah, the same stories just keep getting told over and over. it's gotten to the point where I'll sit and watch a movie with the missus and i can predict atleast half of what's going to happen in the movie.

enjoyable movie viewing experience this does not make, so I hardly even watch them anymore.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    Total recall without arnie? No thanks! Who the hell are they going to get to say "git your ass to mars" or "dese people need eeeeeyar"??

Undisclosed
    Kurt Wimmer. Hmmm. Not sure if want.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0934483/
    Rachel Ticotin and Michael Ironside were a good chunk of why I like the original so much.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As much as I like Total Recall, it would be interesting if this one sticks a bit closer to Dick's novel.

England
    No doubt it will be about 95% CGI as well.....

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    ders enuff shit in heaar, to fuck Cohagen gud!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    To this day I still don't know how they did the secretary's nail colour trick. ie: Where she touched the end of her nails with a gizmo and they changed colour. Today it would be SGI, but back then?

I think the only thing that annoyed me with the original was the over the top bulgy eyeballs

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    If they're doing this remake, just who in the hell are they going to get to play the old woman who shouts, "Phhhuuuckk you asshole!" at Arnold, Betty White?

And are they still going to have the Johny Cab? I just love the part where Arnold calls the robot a dickhead after blowing off the fair and then it freaks out and tries to run him over.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    To this day I still don't know how they did the secretary's nail colour trick. ie: Where she touched the end of her nails with a gizmo and they changed colour. Today it would be SGI, but back then?

I think the only thing that annoyed me with the original was the over the top bulgy eyeballs

painted nails was awesome....it's a secondary colour correction technique, which I don't think would have been easily available back in the early 90s when the film was made! But it is Hollywood, so...

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    If they're doing this remake, just who in the hell are they going to get to play the old woman who shouts, "Phhhuuuckk you asshole!" at Arnold, Betty White?

And are they still going to have the Johny Cab? I just love the part where Arnold calls the robot a dickhead after blowing off the fair and then it freaks out and tries to run him over.
    "please state your name and number"
    "SHIT, SHIT!!!!"
    "I'm not familiar with that address, would you please repeat the destination?"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post

Did you recognise Johny Cab as the doctor out of Voyager? They even made the face sort of look a bit like him
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    I could use a remake on this one.

Also, though there are some great parts to Total Recall, for an 80s action flick based on a great idea by P.K. Dick that I always thought Dick executed and ended in a pretty middling way, the film suffered a bit through the middle, I thought.

Michael Ironside was/is great, though.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 04-May-2010 at 01:47 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    Wasn't a huge fan of the original, so a remake could be good if handled correctly.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Wasn't a huge fan of the original
    +1 for an instant ban
    -Carl Sagan