Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Capn Dallow

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Brett is the man. Bring him back!
    Like i said it's gotta be something either personal or inside politics.

It's going to have to be solved amongst the heiarchy.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Brett is the man. Bring him back!
    Yessssss. Bring Brett back!!!!!

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    as much as i like the guy, i guess we can't question their logic. it's their site,guys. we're just visitors.
    Don't be ridiculous ace, of course we can question it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Unfortunatly ace is right, beleive me brett was a very close friend of mine (off the forums too) and this decision was not taken lightly or over frivalous circumstances, i did not get any sleep the night that i had to ban brett but i was placed in a impossible situation.

I wish i could go into detail over what happened with you guys and set out the whole story but we have a very strict non-disclosure policy regarding banned members and we cant make an exception, as much as i would like to.
    If it's your site, surely you can do what you want?
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    neil + all three mods + agreed = one man

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's just crazy that on a whim any of us can just be erased.

It's also sad that the input of long time members holds no weight whatsoever.

Again, we know it's not our site but we keep this place alive and running too and the wishes of the community should atleast be factored into the decision

Everyone wants him back so it's obvious that's not the case.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    Here is Capn's email addy: brett.666@hotmail.co.uk

I know he would love to hear from you or anyone else that wants to email him.
    Thank you, Deb.

-stray-

Undisclosed
    its sad to know that the people who keep this forum going...ie the members really have no say, surely its all of us and especially the big, regular posters who make this forum wat it is and i find it sad that management care so little for our feelings...

BRING BACK BRETT !!!
    Last edited by fartpants; 19-Jun-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Administrator

England
    Becuase of the level of interest from members, ive been asked to go into a little more detail with everybody, remove the 'cloak and dagger' aspect as it were.

Firstly, i know about the PM's/Emails circulating and have seen a couple, for those who havnt it reads:

You all may be wondering what happened with Brett being banned.
    Brett asked me to message you. He hopes all of you are doing well
    And wishes you all the best.
    I hope these emails between Andy and Brett help explain things.

This is a message to all of you from Brett himself:

'After being threatened with a ban if I 'opposed' the administrator, I decided that wanted no more of it, and decided to air my feelings in the crypt (the name of the homepage of the dead secret forum where they slag off the members.) I was then banned.’
    And includes a couple of screenshots from bretts email. As i have explained to a couple of people now, this is only half of the actual story and a very skewed view.

The actual incident started in the staff forum, and yes we do have a staff forum aswell, big suprise. Im not going to go into detail on the topic under discussion but it was starting to get heated and i replied asking brett not to take it any further. I Believe he had been drinking that night but am not 100% sure, either way, he responded to me (via msn) with a tirade of abuse, going absolutly mad, accusing me of 'censoring' him and 'accussing him of shit stirring' both of which were untrue and i tried to convince him of that but he wouldnt have it and continued giving me abuse, then he said he was going to post a reply to me here and i told him it was a bad idea as i couldnt overlook it on the forums.'

Now let me explain that last sentence becuase it seems to have been intererpated differently between myself and brett..

From my point of view, i am trying to protect brett from anything like this happening becuase we're good friends. Brett had had alot of warnings and second chances in the past becuase he was so popular and mostly becuase id stuck my neck out for him, i know what he is like when he's had a drink and am used to it and was perfectly willing to overlook it over MSN and not bring it here at all as it was a personal argument, but with brett now threatening to bring it here, i cant overlook it then or else it brings my job into question, especially considering his previous history.

From bretts point of view, as far as i understand it, he thought i was threatening him with that last line and thought i was out to get one over on him. Similar to the story im sure alot of you have already been given.

I didnt see his reply that night anyway but the argument continued over MSN until he decided to block/delete me, i still took no action at this point as i thought it would be a end to the matter apart from maybe a awkward conversation the next day, anyway i came online the next day and brett has made his reply at some point during the night, giving me more abuse this time in front of everybody, i must stress at this point, after being asked not to bring it on the forums and told that no further action would be taken as long as it stayed over msn, brett chose to post his reply himself and much to my dissapointment.

That is the original incident that got him banned, after his ban i was willing to talk to him and maybe work it out, i would of been willing to lift it at that stage but since then he has sent me a particullarly nasty email, spread rumours around about me and revealed certain details about how the backend stuff works around here, which in my opinion reinforces the call for a permanent ban.

Couple of footnotes..
    1. This was not done on a whim or to get one over on brett, like i said he was a very good friend of mine and i did not want to do this, but he had more warnings than anyone else would get and he had left the forums 'never to return' a couple of times in his history, he had only been allowed back previously becuase i pushed so hard for him. So i feel like the way i am being villified is unfair.

2. Bassman, i am sorry you heard about the basscunt thing, i didnt actually make the name up myself (im not saying who did) and brett participated in that conversation aswell, something which he probably omitted when he told you about it. Not point scoring or anything. There was never any real threat of you being banned, it was just blowing off steam which we are all entitled to do, Anyway, i do genuinely apologise.

3.Members calls and pleas for bretts return are not being ignored, everything has been considered in what has been a very difficult decision, i have just yesterday let brett know (through a mediator) that i am willing to talk to him, i want to salvage some of our friendship if possible and i would consider allowing him back once we have cleared the air, but brett has made it very clear that he will only return if i meet some very unrealistic conditions of his.

4.This was my decision and mine entirely and as forum owner and manager that is my prerogative, the super mods and neil were not involved directly but support my decision.

5. Finally, Chic, no it is not my site.. its neils site, i own the forums, the software and license but neil owns the site and the name 'homepageofthedead'.

Undisclosed
    are you saying that Brett had had a drink....no surely not

on a lighter note who wants to guess what bretts " unrealistic conditions " were
    Last edited by fartpants; 19-Jun-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post

on a lighter note who wants to guess what bretts " unrealistic conditions " were
    some undoubtedly involve underage girls.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I'm sorry to see Brett go too, but I'm sure Andy did what he had to do. I, for one, greatly appreciate this site and truly enjoy being a member here. This is a great place and while I sometimes "get into it" with some folks, it's always a matter of great respect to others and appreciation for being a part of this place -- this is the ONLY forum I am a regular member at, as I don't think any other place has nearly as interesting or unique group of people from all different walks of life and backgrounds.

With that said...

We have a secret underground forum here called the "Crypt"?

Say what?

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    With that said...

We have a secret underground forum here called the "Crypt"?

Say what?

j.p.
    I know, right!?

I'd heard about it before and I assume it's a mod/dem only board, which isn't unusual, as most web communities have them to discuss staff/mod/site matters (infraction adjudication etc.). I'd always heard bad things about 'the crypt', and assume we all get 'slagged off' to one degree or another eventually, but it's kind of normal from what I've seen of web board communities and not so much a bad thing, but natural consequence of having to police a community on the web. I mean, when a subset of any community gather a certain amount of candid candor (<--sounds weird just typing it) is going to pop up.

Anyway, it's nice to see fences might get mended. I will say that hpotd is a great community and great mods and support from the staff is a big part of that. I miss Brett, as he was a solid, very active mod (from my member's eye view, anyway) and a good guy who is sorely missed by a lot of us.

Here's to hoping it works out best for all parties involved.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    ...but I've got to say that deleting all his old posts reminds me of nothing more than people who fell out of favor with Stalin getting airbrushed out of photos of May Day parades and whatnot.
    You are misinformed. That never happened. Those people were never there.

England
    I heard about the crypt from a former poster on here & also heard some things had been said about me in there I guess now I know i'll be "going for a walk in the woods" soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I heard about the crypt from a former poster on here & also heard some things had been said about me in there I guess now I know i'll be "going for a walk in the woods" soon
    Whatever you do,

Stay out of the Woodshed!

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever