Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Humanity extinct in the next century?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Deep Thoughts by Acealive1?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    swine flu

bird flu

sars

anthrax

2000 Y2K

mad cow

they were ALL supposed to "extinguish" us. and none of them did.

next up is 2012 which has been proven to be bullshit
    not counting two world wars, the creation and use of atomic bombs, power plant metldowns ect, ect. Theres plenty of things that could have killed us over the last century.
    -and much as everyone, myself included, thinks the world is going down a slippery slope its really not. people are more conscious of caring for the world around them than ever, not just "hippies", we have the technology to speak to a loved one on the other side of the planet and see each others faces. Theres been plenty of times where mid 20th century thinking of "just paved over it" would have resulted in widespread destruction in just the last ten years alone.

If this man thinks mankinds toast then he IS stuck in the past and needs only look at the current oil spill to prove him wrong. They arent complaining about oil wasted, big money lost, but the environment, local jobs and lively hoods damaged by the impact of the damage to the environment.

For all our xenophobic, selfish, greedy tendencies we help each other as much as we harm and with each year we focus more on taking care of the world around us.

I imagine our kinds gonna go through shit times in the future, no matter how long that may be, its inevitable that the longer we have left the more likely something will happen, a meteor, a supervolcano. That doesnt mean its gonna take something short of something bloody spectacular to completely wipe us out. Where to bloody tenacious for that to happen.

Bear in mind, every single doomsayer who says we are going to die are comfy people in 1st world countries, to most of them people in 3rd world countries have already lived through there nightmare scenarios as part of daily life. its why we live everywhere on the planet, we adapt to damn near any condition. For all our ipads, massaging chairs, cable tv, sports cars and such we had to live through millions of years of evolution to GET to where we are. I think some people forget that just because the idea of living without electricity is a goddam apocalypse for them.
    Last edited by Danny; 19-Jun-2010 at 01:44 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    but if it were between mother nature and us extiguishing ourselves my money is on that we will be the cause of our own demise.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You are afraid to call it for what it is because you're afraid to fall out of the good graces of Romero and Company.
    Whoa, back this thread way up for a second. What "good graces"? Do you know anything at all about George Romero, or are you new here?

AFAIK, Lee has been open about his dislike for DIARY and that Romero, among other favorite directors, has "let him down" with his new works. Now which part of that did you misinterpret as "knob-slobbing"?

My opinion: anyone that immediately assumes "ass-kisser" just because another person appears somewhat close to a famous personality should seriously examine his or her own shallowness.

And everyone can also quit pretending this is about left vs. right. It simply boils down to a bunch of assholes that refuse to play nice together. Every message board on the Internet is like this so perhaps we can aspire to being more than just pedestrian and average (unless of course y'all actually are pedestrian and average).
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 19-Jun-2010 at 05:54 AM.

United States
    holy fuck this is getting out of control! where's a mod when you need them?

*cough* bring back the Capn *cough*

wonder if this thread will be extinct in the next day?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Deep Thoughts by Acealive1?

Super Moderator

Germany
    Cleaned the nonsense up, infractions issued, and thread closed. Have a good one.