Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doom 3

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah the Doom movie was a disappointment, way too long, they cut out all references to Hell and replaced it with *sigh* Hollywood political correctness police's favourite - genetic engineering - through in some ropey ass dialogue and one great sequence amidst a mound of mainly tosh and there you go.

Canada
    me i just dont like id games the engines they use really lack in the physics department. great gfx though. the only game i really liked of there was rtcw , and just the beach level in multi. and that wasnt designed by them, but greymatter.

the halo franchise is one heaping pile of turd in my books. i bought my xbox for it, as it was proclaimed as the goldeneye-n64 killer . not even close.

United States
    I'm in the "Doom III was good, not great" camp. It was cool, and the graphics were phenomenal, but there were too many cheap scares and similar enviornments. If you wanna see the Doom III engine used in a more original way, download the Prey demo for PC or 360. Lots of cool little touches in that game, and its from the creators of Duke Nukem. Now if they'd just release Duke Nukem Forever...

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, Prey is frickin' awesome, I loved it and you really do get that Duke Nukem vibe (mainly from the player character's one liners chipping in here and there). The puzzles relating to which way up you're standing and switching gravity around are really, really cool too.