View Poll Results: What do you think of the film Titanic?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own Titanic, think it's great and have kittens named Kate and Leo!

0 0%
  • I cried during Titanic and not because it was bad.

3 17.65%
  • I own/have owned Titanic on 1 or more formats and thinks it's great!

2 11.76%
  • Titanic was/is a very good film experience.

4 23.53%
  • I thought Titanic was great at the time, but now just think it's decent.

0 0%
  • The only good part of Titanic are the visual effects.

3 17.65%
  • Titanic is an okay movie, if you're into that sort of thing...

1 5.88%
  • Titanic is not my cup of tea...not that I drink tea.

1 5.88%
  • Titanic was horrendous!

2 11.76%
  • I didn't cry during Titanic, but I punched a guy who did.

1 5.88%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Titanic: The Manly Men Sound Off

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I always thought to myself - "they should hop onto that giant door at the same time" - that way they would have not over-balanced it.
    Or the dumb cunt could have just stayed on the lifeboat where she belonged, and Leo would have had the "raft" available so he would have lived.

Too bad the dude had to die bcause his woman was already dead from the neck up.

Undisclosed
    or why didnt she lay on top of him then they could have stayed out of the water and shared bodily heat.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I always thought to myself - "they should hop onto that giant door at the same time" - that way they would have not over-balanced it.
    Ummm... Doubt it would work... Just too much weight... Plus undoubtably he weighed more than her too...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    You can't make this stuff up (even if you wanted to, which you don't).

This is the Netflix description with caption:

Titanic irony looms when the new luxury cruise liner Titanic 2, setting sail a century after the sinking of its ill-starred namesake, seems destined to come to a similarly soggy end when an ocean tsunami pushes an iceberg into its path. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration researcher Kim Patterson (Brooke Burns) and Coast Guard Capt. James Maine (Bruce Davison) lead the bid to save the giant ship and its passengers from annihilation.
    Looks like this epic work is being brought to us by the same company that brought us "Transmorphers" and "Paranormal Entity". Look out, Cannes and Toronto, there's some serious competition coming to town!

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    haha...Titanic 2. I think we were discussing that film and other works from that reputable company in another thread.

Also reminds me of that fan-made "Titanic 2: Jack is Back" trailer from several years back. Funny stuff.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There is a traler floating on the web somewhere for that awful turd of a flick. Aren't these the same guys behind Megashark vs Giany Octopus?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm sure you guys that hate Titanic will be thrilled to learn that it's being converted to 3D and released in 2012 in honor of the 100th anniversary of the ship's sinking.

Cameron promoting converted 3d? I thought he publicly trashed this process while speaking about Clash of the Titans?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah but wasn't COTT a rush job where he is actually scanning each frame and supervising the entire 3D process?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    There is a traler floating on the web somewhere for that awful turd of a flick. Aren't these the same guys behind Megashark vs Giany Octopus?
    Another pile of $hite from the rear end of "The Asyluim"

What a waste of space these guys are...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm sure you guys that hate Titanic will be thrilled to learn that it's being converted to 3D and released in 2012 in honor of the 100th anniversary of the ship's sinking.
    Yay! Just what we need! Pure shit in 3-D!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Or the dumb cunt could have just stayed on the lifeboat where she belonged, and Leo would have had the "raft" available so he would have lived.

Too bad the dude had to die bcause his woman was already dead from the neck up.
    The woman didn't even offer dude!! All that sacrificing yourself for a woman when it's obvious she wouldn't have done the same for him.

Not even the check move. You know, that move where they fake like they're going to pay yet all the while expecting you to snatch the bill from her hands and insist that you have it covered.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Actually....if you pay attention to the story, it's explained why she doesn't seem to care that he's still in the water. He's from the northern part of the states and knows how quick Hypothermia can kick in. She, however, is a clean rich girl that has no idea about being in the wilderness/cold water. On top of that, Jack also tells her that the boats are coming back, so she assumes he'll be fine. Jack on the other hand, knows his time is coming.

It's all forshadowed in the attempted suicide scene where they first come together...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Actually....if you pay attention to the story, it's explained why she doesn't seem to care that he's still in the water. He's from the northern part of the states and knows how quick Hypothermia can kick in. She, however, is a clean rich girl that has no idea about being in the wilderness/cold water. On top of that, Jack also tells her that the boats are coming back, so she assumes he'll be fine. Jack on the other hand, knows his time is coming.

It's all forshadowed in the attempted suicide scene where they first come together...
    Being sheltered and being a complete duntz are 2 different things.

She couldn't tell through her powers of perception that he was freezing his balls off?

Anyone not in a coma could.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Being sheltered and being a complete duntz are 2 different things.

She couldn't tell through her powers of perception that he was freezing his balls off?

Anyone not in a coma could.

Thank You... you have to be a total fucking moron to not think... hey... he could die
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm sure she had an idea, but with the boats "coming back" and Jack's previous story of the frozen lake feeling like being "stabbed all over your body", we're led to believe that she thinks he has the experience to hold on a few more minutes for the boats to arrive. Of course he knows the boats won't make it, but he's just trying to keep her calm.

On top of all this, she's passed out when he dies. While waiting for the "rescue" she passes out and is never able to see Jack and his last few minutes.

I'm not saying it's how any of us would do it or that it was the wise decision, but there is somewhat of an explanation as to why she's so naive about it.