Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stephen King's "The Long Walk"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    well that hasnt helped
    Hah, it's actually a really compelling and great story -- I'm just completely bitter about the ending to it is all.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed
    ok so the way i see it if i buy the set and read them, but keep in mind that the ending is gonna be crap then i wont be too disappointed....

to be honest iv been dreading the ending of Kings books for a while now so it shouldnt be too hard.

hey maybe this one wont end too badly..

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Hah, it's actually a really compelling and great story -- I'm just completely bitter about the ending to it is all.

j.p.
    Agreed! The ending just seems a massive let down!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Agreed! The ending just seems a massive let down!
    see theres my problem, can i work up the energy to finish all the books knowing the endings gonna suck

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    see theres my problem, can i work up the energy to finish all the books knowing the endings gonna suck
    it doesn't suck. we are just so used to "making the big touchdown" that we ,on the whole, are no longer acclimated to entertainment where it doesnt follow the same 6 point plan leading up to a big group high five and winning everything forever.
    Don't be put off they are good and very much worth reading.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    it doesn't suck. we are just so used to "making the big touchdown" that we ,on the whole, are no longer acclimated to entertainment where it doesnt follow the same 6 point plan leading up to a big group high five and winning everything forever.
    Don't be put off they are good and very much worth reading.
    ok just tell me 1 thing..is the ending as bad as Cell

Administrator

England
    It's more that worth it... IMHO
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ok just tell me 1 thing..is the ending as bad as Cell
    no, for one thing cell was a bad dues ex machina ending. there is foreshadowing of the dark towers ending throughout, in fact what most people seem to skip over is the symbolism of the series and how it COULD'NT have ended any other way.

ka is a wheel, remember
    The ending to the dark tower is excellent. its just slightly ambiguous and that gets people pissed off because we are used to spoon fed bullet point epilogues nowadays.

The ending is great, dont sweat it. Go out and grab the gunslinger for a few bucks and love it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    no, for one thing cell was a bad dues ex machina ending. there is foreshadowing of the dark towers ending throughout, in fact what most people seem to skip over is the symbolism of the series and how it COULD'NT have ended any other way.

ka is a wheel, remember
    The ending to the dark tower is excellent. its just slightly ambiguous and that gets people pissed off because we are used to spoon fed bullet point epilogues nowadays.

The ending is great, dont sweat it. Go out and grab the gunslinger for a few bucks and love it.
    ok Hells im convinced....if im not around the boards for a while you know why

United States
    ok Hells im convinced....if im not around the boards for a while you know why
    We expect a very lengthy and in-depth and formal response to your opinion on the ending of the work once you complete the series, just so you are prepared in advance.

We'll certainly enjoy a good palavar with you regarding the work once you complete it. Thankee, Sai!

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    We expect a very lengthy and in-depth and formal response to your opinion on the ending of the work once you complete the series, just so you are prepared in advance.

We'll certainly enjoy a good palavar with you regarding the work once you complete it. Thankee, Sai!

j.p.
    oh crap...i guess i better take notes then