Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How not to speak with a British accent...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I love in Forgetting Sarah Marshall the americans trying to do Brit accents - especially the waiter guy who does his own version of Russell Brand's character right in front of him....and Sarah Marshall's "bewshit bewshit bewshit" line...that really cracks me up!!!

Next time American Pie is on I'll have to check that girl out...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    I love most British accents. Being from Tennessee (where "Appalachian" is the primary language -- I reckon it ain't no much diff'rent than unique colloquials in Britain) we come to really appreciate different accents from different places/cultures in the world.

My most favorite part of the English accent is the "r" sound. I was actually watching Sam Peckinpah's "The Osterman Weekend" last night with John Hurt and every time he said "Omega" it sounded like "Omegar" with a slight "r" inflection at the end of it. It's fantastic.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

UK
    haha, gotta love a bit of Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Paul Rudd is class (the dude does a well good DeNiro impression ) and I loved that clip of him doing Brand's accent.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Just look at Keanu Reeves in Bram Stoker's Dracula for the prime example of how to not speak with a British accent.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Just look at Keanu Reeves in Bram Stoker's Dracula for the prime example of how to not speak with a British accent.
    Or Kevin Costner in Rbin Hood.

He doesn't speak with a British Accent for 80% of the film!
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    My most favorite part of the English accent is the "r" sound. I was actually watching Sam Peckinpah's "The Osterman Weekend" last night with John Hurt and every time he said "Omega" it sounded like "Omegar" with a slight "r" inflection at the end of it. It's fantastic.
    That's where all the "r"s go that they drop from other words.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria