Thread: Left 4 dead: The sacrifice dlc announced

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Left 4 dead: The sacrifice dlc announced

Valve revealed today The Sacrifice, a new expansion for the Left 4 Dead series that will be compatible with both the first and second games in the series.

Along with this new chapter in the zombie survival saga, No Mercy - the hospital campaign from the first Left 4 Dead - will be updated and included for Left 4 Dead 2 players, who can then play through both these campaigns.

The Sacrifice - out in October - tells the story of the last Left 4 Dead 2 expansion, The Passing, from the perspective of the original game's cast. You'll find out how they managed to meet up with Left 4 Dead 2's cast, and at the end, will be able to choose for yourself which of the original cast dies (hence the expansion's name), rather than Valve simply pencilling it in.

The expansion is designed to work with both Left 4 Dead games, so if you've only got one of them, it doesn't matter, you'll be able to download and play this.

A digital comic will begin next month to get everybody up to speed on the events of the campaign. The Sacrifice will be released as free DLC for the PC and Mac, while it will be a paid downloadable for the Xbox 360.

Hurm, so in downloading this i not only have a new campaign that i can play with either disc, but can i play no mercy with the left 4 dead 2 disc?

No doubt this will lead to "no we need to play for the game again to play it with theses characters" bollocks but honestly if i could pay say... 1500ms points to download the left 4 dead 1 campaigns and characters to play from just my left 4 dead 2 disk i would probably do it in a shot.

Super Moderator

United States
    Man, I been waitin' for this for ages!

Where's Darth? Probably playing L4D2

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

randymarshghostectoplasm.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

-also, im wondering, will this mean cross game multiplayer?

Like if i load up left 4 dead 2 and select no mercy, can i play the same campaign with friends who have bought this dlc for left 4 dead and havent bought the sequel yet?

This could be very very awesome.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im wondering, will this mean cross game multiplayer?

Like if i load up left 4 dead 2 and select no mercy, can i play the same campaign with friends who have bought this dlc for left 4 dead and havent bought the sequel yet?

Hrm...That's a damn good question!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Looking forward to this! I like L4D2 a lot, but can only really play it for about an hour before I get a bit bored, its one of those games I just fire up for a quick blast!

Administrator

England
    I like the idea of 'No Mercy' under L4D2

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/21/in...ft-4-dead-dlc/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i like no mercy, the trudge through a city under a subway to a hospital was everyones first left 4 dead experience but i would've preferred blood harvest or dead air myself.
    But i've no doubt there coming anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Well, that too.

But i was busy cleaning the sploodge off off my keyboard!

If that's all true the it's no wonder the DLC took so long.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

[I]No doubt this will lead to "no we need to play for the game again to play it with theses characters" bollocks but honestly if i could pay say... 1500ms points to download the left 4 dead 1 campaigns and characters to play from just my left 4 dead 2 disk i would probably do it in a shot.
    Ditto.

I'm pretty much addicted to left 4 dead, just ask aces, so they pretty much have me by the balls on this one.

Talk aboout a shakedown!

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I've found some images!

http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sacrifice

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Hrm...That's a damn good question!
    randymarshghostectoplasm.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

-also, im wondering, will this mean cross game multiplayer?

This might answer your questions.

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/44...d-1-and-2.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok, now I'm confused.

If I read this article right. There saying that the only No Mercy level you can play with the L4D 2 cast is the hospital level.

If that's true it's a real let down.

I was under the impression that it was the entire 5 maps.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...Sacrifice.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Ok, now I'm confused.

If I read this article right. There saying that the only No Mercy level you can play with the L4D 2 cast is the hospital level.

I expect it's a lot of work to rework a level for L4D2... Hence only one is offered (so far)...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Ok, now I'm confused.

i doubt it,unless its reworked for another map like scavenge it does not work, starting in the sewers and climbing a hospital without the context of the iconic helicopter opening? valve doesnt slack off like that.
    I dont think this is impossible. just incredibly unlikely. Valves primary thing is always "someone is playing this for the first time" so i doubt they will ship a truncated version.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I expect it's a lot of work to rework a level for L4D2... Hence only one is offered (so far)...
    i doubt it,unless its reworked for another map like scavenge it does not work, starting in the sewers and climbing a hospital without the context of the iconic helicopter opening? valve doesnt slack off like that.
    I dont think this is impossible. just incredibly unlikely. Valves primary thing is always "someone is playing this for the first time" so i doubt they will ship a truncated version.
    I do realize it's alot of work but one level? The freakin' demo even had 2.

And to make it worse the Hospital is the shortest level of the campaign.

There's no payoff or sense of satisfaction. If they were going to skimp us they could atleast make it the last 2 levels so atleast there's an escape and a sense of completion.