Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF!?! Microsoft Raising Xbox Live Price. No I'm not kidding.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I just received an e-mail from XBOX. For us current members, we can add on an additional year to our current subscription for only $39.99. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.

Also, soon XBL will have Hulu on it!!! As well as ESPN, for 3,500 live games of all popular sports, per year - for free (as long as you have a cable provider that has ESPN)!!!

Not too shabby, if you ask me.
    That does sound awesome. Ima have to get on that deal.

But it wasn't the live increase that was really bothering me it's the nickle and diming that has me more upset.

Some content on the service is way overpriced, imo.

I know, if I don't like it don't buy it but it seems that 1200 points for 5 maps is a little steep.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That does sound awesome. Ima have to get on that deal.

But it wasn't the live increase that was really bothering me it's the nickle and diming that has me more upset.

Some content on the service is way overpriced, imo.

I know, if I don't like it don't buy it but it seems that 1200 points for 5 maps is a little steep.

I think that's why they're giving us Hulu and the ESPN package thing. I'm getting the feeling more content like that is on it's way, as well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm a sports junkie so that's a beautiful thing. Between that and netflix I may never turn on my cable box again.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I'm a sports junkie so that's a beautiful thing. Between that and netflix I may never turn on my cable box again.

Yeah, seriously. I already barely use the cable box because of Netflix.

I forgot to mention, on top of ESPN showing 3,500 live games a year, they are reportedly also going to have tons of past games, highlights, talk shows, etc.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Yeah, seriously. I already barely use the cable box because of Netflix.

I forgot to mention, on top of ESPN showing 3,500 live games a year, they are reportedly also going to have tons of past games, highlights, talk shows, etc.
    I was thinking that at some future date it would be great to not only stream from your instant q but to be able to rent the regular new releases and be able to view them through you x box in HD as well.

If that was the case I wouldn't need my ps3 for blu rays at all...

It's certainly one way microsoft can neuter sony.