Thread: Unbreakable 2?

Administrator

England

Unbreakable 2?

I'd love to see a sequel, but not if Shyamalan is involved as he seems to have gone off the boil now... So this sounds like good news - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46377
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm down, although I would prefer to have Willis and Shymalan back. Unbreakable is his best film yet. Judging from the recent flicks - it may stay that way.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    judging from the recent flicks - it may stay that way.
    lol!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    You laugh, but it's true... I mean, did you see the happening? Awful, dreadful stuff.

United States
    I'll see it if Shyamalan does it. Otherwise, no interest.

Anyone else will just take his great first film and make it something stupid.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    If this is true, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've really enjoyed Shymalan's great visual sense, even if his sense of story & plot are a little hackneyed. He writes pretty believable characters, and tends to cast them well.

I for one would like to see where Bruce Willis' character goes from the end of the first film. I'd like to see more of Mr Glass, too. I picture him in a padded cell, in a body cast because he pissed off the other inmates, giving more genre-related advice similar to Hannibal Lechter.

As long as they don't do Sixth Sense 2.

"I still see dead people..."
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Northern Ireland
    Unbreakable is such an under-rated film, but I think it's great. I was dying to know what Willis' character did next.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Same here.

United Kingdom
    Unbreakable is my favourite Shalamadamadingdong film, so I'd only watch this if he were involved. I didn't really care for 6th Sense, it was ok I suppose, or The Village, or The Happening, or...well, most of them, really. They look great, but I find them boring.
    Kill 'em All