Thread: New Super Mario Bros Wii

United States

New Super Mario Bros Wii

so i got my brother and his wife a wii for their wedding earlier this year, and am thinking of getting them a game for christmas. and i think i've found the one:

another vid:

holy shit this game looks fun. i may even see if i can find a used wii just to pick this game up for myself...i still remember the very first time i played the first super mario brothers on the NES waay back.

any of you wii owners planning on checking this one out?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    From what ive heard its incredibly short, id recommend the wii paper mario game, thats a hoot and long as fuck, to be blunt.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Did anyone get it? it's classic mario at it's best drawing quite a bit from Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3 but the addition of new suits and gameplay. My fave game of 2009 so far.

United States
    i'd forgotten all about this thread...

got it for my brother and wife, but he only popped it in for about 15 minutes since the whole family was there. everyone was pretty impressed with what they saw, and my parents said it looked like a game they'd even enjoy.

if i get around to own a wii, it'll be in my collection for sure.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not much of a wii fan myself, but this looks like it could be fun. My wife enjoyed the hell out of Mario Galaxy, but I just couldn't be bothered with it. This old school approach could turn me around on new Mario games...

United States
    I loved Mario Galaxy. One of the few game I found playable on the Wii. I might check this one out sometime.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Not much of a wii fan myself, but this looks like it could be fun. My wife enjoyed the hell out of Mario Galaxy, but I just couldn't be bothered with it. This old school approach could turn me around on new Mario games...

I wanted too get into the wii, i really did. However, It's the wii's control scheme that i find annoying and there are millions of other hardcore gamers that feel the same. Sure wives and grandparents love it but the demographic that drive the sales of the bulk of the gaming industry is certainly not them.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out next year

and with that is Metroid Other M

Even though it's just two games things are looking up.
    There's going to be news, possibly a trailer, of Wii's exclusive Zelda at E3 and maybe Pikmin 3.

I'll admit things have been poor with Wii missing out on alot of games like Batman Arkham Asylum and Resident Evil 5, and most the third party exclusives have been crap but things are looking up for it's twilight years, Reggie Fils Aime is clearly working on a solution:

"I'm extremely disappointed. I've had this conversation with every publisher who makes content that is not available on my platform. The conversation goes like this: 'We have a 22-million unit installed base. We have a very diverse audience… We have active gamers that hunger for this type of content. And why isn't it available?' I think for those games, typically decisions are being made two years prior, and so the decisions two years ago were that those types of games would not be effective on the platform. But we've shown that that's just not the case. High-quality, effectively marketed against our installed base will sell, period end of story."
    Personally I am looking forward to The Force Unleashed 2 in the hopes it will have motion plus lightsabering action, while a lightsaber duel is obviously out of the question it may make up for it in other ways such as applying near DMM physics to objects and enemies like in Wii Sports Resort.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 31-Dec-2009 at 11:27 AM.

England
    Ahh you cant beat a good bit of side scrolling Maz action! Im always playing the one on the DS which looks very similar to this wii one I remember when I was probably around 13/14 hammering the hell out of super mario world & mario all stars on the SNES

United States
    just got to world 8 last night. fun game so far, really great when you get 3 or 4 players at once. worth checking out if you've not already.