Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 appreciation thread...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I got a ninja outfit for pre-ordering at GameStop; wearing it makes all the cutscenes unintentionally hilarious. The attention to detail is great in this game; how there are random different colors for the lightsaber, or if Chuck is wearing a mask, you can see his mouth moving under it, etc. The small touches are what's making this game so fantastic.

Also, apparently you need the full game to download Case West, it won't be standalone like Case Zero. The PC version runs better, but I went with the 360 version because of exclusive content like this.
    What do you mean by unintentionally? I know that the ninja suit allows him to have diffent moves and stuff but funny? How so?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    See, dreams really can come true.

Anyone built a blitzkrieg yet? It's the most hysterically funny weapon in the history of gaming - you'll never look at Stephen Hawking in quite the same way again...
    I popped into the Playboy store earlier, but was doing something else - i.e. will have to head back so I can try out whacking zombies down with dildos ... or *ahem* "massagers" as they're discretely named in the game.

I haven't built the Blitzkreig, but I did combine a lead pipe and fireworks today - you get a firework canon - and it's hella fun. The aim is a bit all over the place as fireworks have a mind of their own, but it's so awesome to blow a zombie in half with a firework, and then rinse a whole crowd with rapid fire.

In terms of the story mode however, I packed that in at Case 4-1 ...

the battle with the twins
    ... I tried several times to do that one but failed each time so I said "fuck it, let's have fun instead" and let the truth vanish ... just like I always did with DR1. The game is a lot more fun for me now, and I'm glad to say I've got my Zombrex situation sorted for the rest of the game too - which was the only bit I really cared about completing, which is a bit odd considering it's just a bunch of code and graphics, but like with Red Dead Redemption you begin to empathise a bit and well, it feels kind of wrong to let a child succumb to the virus on purpose ... ... at least for the first play through. The next time(s) I play DR2 it'll purely be about zombie slaying and exploring.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    What do you mean by unintentionally? I know that the ninja suit allows him to have diffent moves and stuff but funny? How so?

Simply because he's dressed as damn ninja.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Simply because he's dressed as damn ninja.
    That'll do it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    well i just erased my case:0 game itself last night, not the save file, so i got to take my level 5 chuck with me when i started.

didn't play long, had class early today...but from what i saw, i'm very happy with DR2 so far.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I popped into the Playboy store earlier, but was doing something else - i.e. will have to head back so I can try out whacking zombies down with dildos ... or *ahem* "massagers" as they're discretely named in the game.
    MZ wants to play with dildos in DR2.. should I be worried?

it feels kind of wrong to let a child succumb to the virus on purpose ... ... at least for the first play through.
    Speak for yourself, pal. Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out!

Undisclosed
    i got case zero for 360, prob pick this up or 360 so throphies transfer

United States
    Well, after a few hours in the game, I will officially say that I think DR2 kicks ass all over the place. Quite a few steps up from the original, but still retains the same feel.

The only major issue I had with the PC version is the mouse controls were WAY too sensitive at first - and I couldn't get them slow enough in the game so I had to adjust my mouse speed in windows. Other than that, the game rocks - and the +14 trainer I snagged on line makes for even tons of more fun. no more time limits - lock the clock at whatever time you want (or, crank it back an hour at a time) and just go kill zombies for a week. Yeah, I play around with the cheats sometimes, so what, wanna fight about it?

I did have some minor camera issues, but that's almost expected in every game it seems. I also had some issues with certain 'pushable' items, like lawnmowers, wheel chairs, etc. It seems as soon as you hit a wall, you have to fight off a bunch of zombies, pick up the item, move to another spot then drop it, then begin to push it. Umm, why can't I just back up with the item then go forward in a different direction?

These are just minor things though, still enjoying it.

MZ - I just made the lead pipe/fireworks weapon That was a lot of fun!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 29-Sep-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Administrator

England
    Just been playing case zero until tomorrow (payday) and then i get my reserved special edition

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Just been playing case zero until tomorrow (payday) and then i get my reserved special edition
    Gonna try and set any records this time out?

Administrator

England
    Going for all achievements and everything first, i still have 1 achievement to get on case zero, then ill look at any survival modes, i just cant wait to get my hands on it

Is the co-op mode ive heard about online only or can 2 people play it from the same xbox?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I didn't see an option for spit screen co-op so I'm assuming it's online only.

I'll have to double check though as i wasn't really looking for it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Anyone know what you have to do at the end of the 72 hours - do you just hang out in the safe house, or do you go up to the helipad via the elevator?

Undisclosed
    I have it in hand.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I have it in hand.
    Well, if you shake it more than twice it counts as masturbation...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.