Thread: apparently we all make "too much"

Chasing Prey

Canada

apparently we all make "too much"

a friend of mine made the argument that i was eligible for food stamps when i posted a story about more people applying for public aid recently.

i told him flat out i make too much to be considered "poor", yet i scrap by like alot of us.

so i did this survey online, they ask how much you make (gross) and how much you pay a month in utilities, if u have dependents, if you're the only one living there, etc etc.

survey says.............. "you are not eligible at this time"

a shadow above minimum wage and i make too much for assistance.....but i pay into it every week when i get my check

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wait...so you knew you earned to much to be accepted, yet you're disappointed that you were turned down?

If you're single, without children, and make enough to take care of yourself...you can forget government assistance. If you were to have a kid or two it would probably be different. I hear they freely toss it out around here if you've popped out a few kids and make under 50 a year....

Chasing Prey

Canada

Thumbs up

i know its different state by state and theres other stuff figured in. i figured something had to be changed by now. but my assumption is still right. unless you pop out a shit load of kids and dont take care of em, u wont get help in ohio

edit **

damn i didnt even read ur post all the way before i responded and saw your kid comment great minds really do think alike
    Last edited by acealive1; 07-Oct-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    but i pay into it every week when i get my check
    Well, yeah, you pay into it when you have income so the benefits will be there if you lose that income. If everyone expected to get back what they paid in, there would be nothing for those too poor to pay in, and what would be the point of the program? Geez, why is it the extreme right-winger who has to explain this? ;-)
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's interesting how people who these programs benefit know next to nothing about what they are entitled to and elgibility requirements and those who are against it know every nook and cranny.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whats even more interesting/irritating is how those people eligible for the service usually take advantage of it. Not all of them. There are some that genuinely need the help, but around here....nine times out of ten they're just lazy ass rednecks that want something for nothing. Usually lying about their income(paid under the table), dependents, living situation, etc.

It really is a shame for those that need it. So many people out their taking advantage of it and making the taxpayers think it's a waste of money for them all. Which....sadly, for the most part it is. Lazy f*cking bastards....

I mean....I used to know this guy that made much more money than I did, only it was mostly under the table so he ended up getting food stamps. The f*cker had a nice sports car, big screen tvs, expensive clothes, etc. But oh...he "needed" those food stamps. F*cking trash, man. Pure and simple.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Oct-2010 at 01:56 PM.

United States
    All I can say is this: If what I make salary-wise is "too much" then something is seriously fucking wrong.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One in 7 Americans is on food stamps, this includes children.

Infer what you will about the State of the union.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...-u-s-says.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Welcome to the wonderful world of modern era serfdom.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    I think for all benefits except disability and retirement, there needs to be cap or number of years used. If you continue to pump out kids without the ability to care for them you should not be rewarded with money or foodstamps. I understand it will hurt the kid, but the welfare state needs to stop.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I think for all benefits except disability and retirement, there needs to be cap or number of years used. If you continue to pump out kids without the ability to care for them you should not be rewarded with money or foodstamps. I understand it will hurt the kid, but the welfare state needs to stop.

they should put a cap on welfare and wic. it doesnt make sense that i have to clip coupons so those other people dont have to. $2,500 a month for food?!??!?!?