Thread: The Cavern club, Liverpool

England

The Cavern club, Liverpool

As any music fans will know, the Cavern club was where the Beatles used to play, as well as The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Who, Elton john, Queen and dozens of other bands who have since become big names in the past 50 years! Anyway, my friends band managed to get a gig there so thats where I was last night to support them Although its not the original cavern which was bulldozed in the 70's, it has been rebuilt to the original layout, in almost the exact same spot, using the original bricks. Great atmosphere in the place, a hell of a lot of music history in & around it, and a good sound system for live bands! My friend who plays bass in the band is the biggest beatles fan I've ever met, so to play at the cavern was like going to Mecca for him! (I've never got into the Beatles myself, but i do appreciate their history & what they did for music in the 60's)
    Its quite a grubby venue, but that adds to its charm, and gigs are meant to be played in dirty pubs & clubs The gig went well & the piss up around Liverpool afterwards went equally well, good times! & worth a visit if your ever in the liverpool area

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Awesome... just one more reason for me to make that hop across the pond...

United Kingdom
    Get over here, blind, I'll give you a guided tour....of the pubs
    Kill 'em All

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    Get over here, blind, I'll give you a guided tour....of the pubs
    I forgot you were from there bud! A beer would have been good!
    I tell you did shock me, the amount of rats scurrying around at night in the city centre! I know rats are everywhere but that's the first time I've seen them so openly running about in a city! That was around the st johns shopping centre, we stayed in the holiday inn above it

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Ooh, rats! Another great attraction!