Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Things you DON'T want to see in 'The Walking Dead'...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    the only difference between them and us is putrification.

Which, you have to admit, is a pretty BIG deal!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    On a bit of a tangent but this (survival) also nullifies the idea of the ghouls being "dumb fucks". It seems as if frankenstein was right. Any zombie can really do anything if they see another doing it first.

Couple that with what they clearly remember from their past lives and the only difference between them and us is putrification.

What we have seen suggests the potential is inate just waiting to be unlocked.

All this has been covered in the first trilogy. Bub, using tools (by that I mean guns), Stephen remembering, the ghouls returning to the mall because it's what they used to do, etc.

All this was fine in very conservative doses, as anomolies, but when it becomes the norm it becomes comical instead of scary, imo.

I got into this in my Survival review post, but Survival just pisses all over the zombie behaviors we've argued about for years. From aggressiveness, to physical skills, to learning ability, to eating habits... nothing is sacred. The rules get so horribly confused as to be irrelevant.

You almost have to define how you view Survival alongside the rest of the series before you discuss how you feel about it as a movie. Survival gets really complicated taken in the context of the series. As much as I hate to say it, it's easier to view Survival outside the universe/timeline/storytelling universe... whatever you wanna call it... just to save reconciling the zombie rules. It's almost required to insulate the other movies from the pollution of Survival's zombie rules.
    Last edited by Trin; 10-Sep-2010 at 04:48 AM. Reason: cause I wanna
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    ahh even if it has got stereotypical "mute" kid and "punk" cannibal gangs I'll still give it a shot, cos its got ZOMBIES in it!

Have to say the way people talk about the comic though does make me want to read it....still want to read Watchmen first though
    Up until three weeks ago I had never read any of The Walking Dead comics, or any comics at all (apart from Beano and Dandy when I was a child). After being told by people on here that I MUST give them a try, I have now read all of the twelve volumes released do far and apart from the odd page or two the whole thing has blown me away. I cant wait to see the series and see how it plays out but the whole thing has great potential. As I assume you have more comic reading history than me I can see you getting a real kick out of these and they would probably clear up any fears you have for the TV series.

As far as what I don’t want to see

I could do without the animal kills being too graphic as that is something I have never liked in films (living dead or otherwise). I’m think specifically about the cat kill by Ben, I can see how a film maker could take that too far in order to play out the shock factor. Other than that I’m happy to just see how it goes.
    If Goonies never die are they all Zombies??!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Where is the spoon in the ass smily?
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 10-Sep-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I got into this in my Survival review post, but Survival just pisses all over the zombie behaviors we've argued about for years. From aggressiveness, to physical skills, to learning ability, to eating habits... nothing is sacred. The rules get so horribly confused as to be irrelevant.

You almost have to define how you view Survival alongside the rest of the series before you discuss how you feel about it as a movie. Survival gets really complicated taken in the context of the series. As much as I hate to say it, it's easier to view Survival outside the universe/timeline/storytelling universe... whatever you wanna call it... just to save reconciling the zombie rules. It's almost required to insulate the other movies from the pollution of Survival's zombie rules.
    And as i said before it's not like this is years into it as was the case with bub and BD.

This is 6 DAYS into it for pete's sake.

No evolution, no learning curve, nothing. He's saying this is what they are from the start.

Do i really have to post a facepalm pic?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I definitely do not want to see a stereotypical "gangsta" character constantly screaming "yo" and "bust a cap" lines.

Norway
    I don't want to see any rape. That was the weakest period of the series when it became ninja chicks and shlock.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i do not want to see fat people naked.

but i do want to see flying, fire breathing, sparkly, levitating zombies who can do the moonwalk.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i do not want to see fat people naked.

but i do want to see flying, fire breathing, sparkly, levitating zombies who can do the moonwalk.
    Laser beams! LAZER BEAMS!!!!

Dying

United States
    I'll try to keep this vague just in case there's still someone out there that hasn't read Walking Dead but is reading this thread.

I really don't want to see the scene that occurs when they are escaping from the prison. If you read the comics you know what I'm talking about, because it was probably the most shocking event to happen in The Walking Dead to this day. Since becoming a father, I seem to have become more, I dunno, sensitive about that sort of thing. Seeing the panel in a comic is one thing, but actually watching it on a television show would be a bit much for me.

Obviously the show would have to do a number of seasons to get to that point so it's looking down the road a bit, but if it (hopefully) does make it to that point, I'd be more than satisfied with nothing more than a reference to the, erm, "event" happening or maybe a long-range shot as opposed to the up-close-and-personal panel in the comics.