Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost lost my daughter this month.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Wow, that sounds like an experience... glad it all worked out in the end. What else can I say? Good luck in the future, and well done on being such a caring and responsible parent.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I cannot for a second fathom the weight that you must have felt on your shoulders during that time. Being without kids I can only pretend to empathise with what you went through - that aside I'm without a single doubt that it was one of the hardest things that a human being can go through.

She's a pretty little sausage though, and sounds like she's doing really well so I'm happy for you and your family! sounds like you've raised a good kid there, nice one.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Twitching

United States
    Kaos,
    You don't know me, and as a non-parent I don't have the drives that would allow me to put myself in your place, but nevertheless I feel for you, your daughter and the rest of your family. I too am relieved your girl came through the initial crisis ok, and can only imagine what a relief that is to you and your wife/significant other. I'm very glad to hear she's adjusting well and not allowing this turn of events to keep her down, and I will say some prayers that things continue to improve for you and yours, and in the meantime I offer you and yours my best wishes.

Sounds like you have matters well in hand, but I know from observing my own mother when my brother or myself became seriously ill/injured that it will take some time for the effects of the nasty emotional shock you received, and that 18 hours of worrying yourself sick to fade completely. You sound like an excellent father, and I get the sense that your daughter is as lucky to have you as you are to have her.

Best wishes,
    Wyldwraith/Shawn

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jesus christ man, I'm sorry. That had to be the scare of your life. Couldn't imagine losing one of mine.

God bless you guys.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

Germany
    Thank you all for your kind words. She had her Halloween party in school today, and everything went smoothly.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    She's a pretty little sausage though...
    I've always said that she must get her good looks from her mother. Having seen Ron's pic awhile back, I'll stick to my guns with that.

Ron I remember when this young'un was born. You must have emailed her pic to all of us over at Cellar Chat. "just a little lump of sugar" I believe is the description that you used.

Have a couple of my own (step-kids, but they are mine) I can fully understand it being the "longest 18 of your life". I think if anything ever happened to one of mine, I'd simply wither up and die.

I'm happy that all is currently well.

-stray-

Norway
    Great that it worked out!

Undisclosed
    Holy cow, that is shocking, terrible news. Glad to hear the worst seems to be over and your family had a a nice Halloween weekend. Hang in there!

United States
    Wow. . .sorry I missed this thread for so long. Let me throw my well wishes into the hat as well. I am very happy to hear that she is coming through well. A close call, but what is important that everything worked out ok. I could only imagine if I had to go through something like that with my daughter. . .you have a father's sympathies.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I am glad your daughter is doing better and has accepted having diabetes.
    My hubby has type 2 and he has a hard time staying on a good diet.
    My thoughts and prayers are with your family.