Thread: what's everyone doing tomorrow?

Chasing Prey

Canada

what's everyone doing tomorrow?

in the states? anyone gonna put up with family members? or just stay home?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    CON-trae cookin', baby!

United States
    On duty at work, brother - someone has to be!

Hoping that it's slow tommorow so I can get home to my wife. First time in a long time that my grandmother (we are her caregivers) is being taken by my mother to thanksgiving somewhere else, and since usually folks come over to grandma's house for the holiday we usually end up cooking. Since she will be away my wife and I plan to kick at home, watch the Godfather marathon and cook for ourselves. Looking forward to getting home to relax for a change, maybe catch the game.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Watching football at my parents' house and eating myself into a coma.
    Happy Tokesgiving.

United States
    I'm going to somehow manage surviving being surrounded by family members for the full day. This is a chore because I don't usually see many of these people except for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

When I get home I plan on celebrating the great meal the Native Americans presented to the pilgrims before they slaughtered them and stole their land by drinking a 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best and probably watching "Adams Family Values" ("EAT ME!", haha). In other words, not much different than any other Holiday -- shit, any other day -- for me.

Is it just me or didn't they used to play the "Star Wars" trilogy every year for Thanksgiving?

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    On duty at work, brother - someone has to be!

Hoping that it's slow tommorow so I can get home to my wife. First time in a long time that my grandmother (we are her caregivers) is being taken by my mother to thanksgiving somewhere else, and since usually folks come over to grandma's house for the holiday we usually end up cooking. Since she will be away my wife and I plan to kick at home, watch the Godfather marathon and cook for ourselves. Looking forward to getting home to relax for a change, maybe catch the game.

i hope you dont work retail,bro. i did it for years and it sucked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i hope you dont work retail,bro. i did it for years and it sucked
    Did retail for many years during college, and to say that it sucked during the holiday season is an understatement, brother! Glad to no longer be doing that since it tears at your soul and makes you hate people and hate the holidays. Christmas season seems to bring out the worst in folks, you know?

I'm a funeral director so I am on duty to make sure that folks who have lost someone tended to during the holidays. Though it sucks to be at work today, it sucks a lot worse for those folks who have to deal with a loss on Thanksgiving Day.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Did retail for many years during college, and to say that it sucked during the holiday season is an understatement, brother! Glad to no longer be doing that since it tears at your soul and makes you hate people and hate the holidays. Christmas season seems to bring out the worst in folks, you know?

I'm a funeral director so I am on duty to make sure that folks who have lost someone tended to during the holidays. Though it sucks to be at work today, it sucks a lot worse for those folks who have to deal with a loss on Thanksgiving Day.

yea i hated it big time. during the holidays when i was way younger i had the displeasure of working for kmart and toys r us. shitty places to work because they think you dont have a family. period. wont give u any hours but then will beg you to come in on your day off.

then you have the people who shop there who think because you're the same color that you're obligated to give them a deal or some special help.

KISS. MY. ASS.

i could write a book about holiday shit.......but i will save everyone the read LOL.

look on the bright side at your job......at least it's quiet.

United States
    look on the bright side at your job......at least it's quiet.
    More quiet than a retail store, that's for sure. But we get demanding family members of the bereaved that act like I am their indentured servant and that I don't have my own life or family. Human nature, I guess, that so many folks think that their pain and loss is far more significant that anything else in the world and more important that treating me like a human being.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    More quiet than a retail store, that's for sure. But we get demanding family members of the bereaved that act like I am their indentured servant and that I don't have my own life or family. Human nature, I guess, that so many folks think that their pain and loss is far more significant that anything else in the world and more important that treating me like a human being.

that has to suck big time,man. do u get the people that asd u to get them water or whatever else too? "oh can u put some more flowers out by the casket?" they want the free 99 special LOL
    Last edited by acealive1; 25-Nov-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: cccb

United States

Twitching

Undisclosed
    in the states? anyone gonna put up with family members? or just stay home?
    It was a turkey dinner at home (me, wife and son) for us, because work wouldn't permit driving to see family. Turned out nicely, though. Happy belated Thanksgiving to all!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

Germany
    Family and I stayed at home this year. It was a pleasant change. Since it was only three of us we decided to go out to dinner and see a movie.

There is a cool place called Victoria Gastro Pub that serves fine dining style food and a multitude of micro brews. We love the place.

This is their Thanksgiving Day menu: Click Here

Afterward we saw the new Harry Potter flick.