Thread: if it isn't one thing it's another...

Chasing Prey

Canada

if it isn't one thing it's another...

ok not even a week ago i was nearly killed when someone missed my bedroom by a foot with their car..... now my damn hot water heater is out. SON OF A BITCH!!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    ok not even a week ago i was nearly killed when someone missed my bedroom by a foot with their car..... now my damn hot water heater is out. SON OF A BITCH!!!!
    Look on the bright side -- at least you have water. I just watched "127 Hours" and it reminds me quite a bit of Stephen King's book "Gerald's Game" -- except he's trapped in a rock pass as opposed to handcuffed to a bed in the middle of nowhere. Both scenerios are quite frightening though.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like I said in the last thread....you should consider moving. That place is cursed.

Ireland
    If it isn't one thing...it's your mother.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Like I said in the last thread....you should consider moving. That place is cursed.

like i said in the last thread, do u want me to move to atlanta?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not talking cities....just house/apartment/whatever...

Next thing you know you'll have native american corpses rising through the back yard and the place will implode...
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jan-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Look on the bright side -- at least you have water. I just watched "127 Hours" and it reminds me quite a bit of Stephen King's book "Gerald's Game" -- except he's trapped in a rock pass as opposed to handcuffed to a bed in the middle of nowhere. Both scenerios are quite frightening though.

j.p.
    I love that book! (Gerald's Game). Not sure why, but it's in my top ten by King!
    Anyway, I was instantly reminded of Red vs. Blue when I read your 'SON OF A BITCH!' lol...
    Oh! Yeah, sorry to hear you're having problems over there... maybe a move IS in order...

Undisclosed
    How did your water heater quit? And what type of water heater is it? A water heater blew in my grandfather's house months after his death. Water leaked through the floor and flowed under the house and into the yard for a day & a half, before neighbors discovered it. It flooded the hallway, too. It was a mess.

United States

Next thing you know you'll have native american corpses rising through the back yard and the place will implode...
    "First I play with Judd, then Mommy came, and I play with Mommy. We play Daddy! We had a awfully good time! Now, I want to play with YOU!"

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    How did your water heater quit? And what type of water heater is it? A water heater blew in my grandfather's house months after his death. Water leaked through the floor and flowed under the house and into the yard for a day & a half, before neighbors discovered it. It flooded the hallway, too. It was a mess.
    it didnt blow up or anything thank god, just went out.

well i wouldnt have known that it quit had columbia gas not came out wednesday to check why my bill was so high. so i get a new meter and she checked my furnace and water heater.....and noticed my heater was on "high". so either it was going out or someone was a bitch and decided to set my water heater to that setting to be fucked up. OR it was on high because it was going out and wouldnt generate hot water on anything below high. so it went out this morning cuz i had hot water last night when i took a shower.

-- -------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

i wouldnt dare buy a house here......someones always got something fixed JUST enough so you'll pay to have it fixed right after u move in. i'd rather have one built honestly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    "First I play with Judd, then Mommy came, and I play with Mommy. We play Daddy! We had a awfully good time! Now, I want to play with YOU!"
    Is that Pet Semetary? I was actually referencing Poltergeist with the corpses and imploding home...

wouldnt dare buy a house here......someones always got something fixed JUST enough so you'll pay to have it fixed right after u move in. i'd rather have one built honestly.
    Yeah, That's the risk of buying a used home. Just got to go over everything with a fine toothed comb.

So are you renting? If you're renting, the hot water heater isn't your problem. Call up the owner and they should fix/replace it.
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jan-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: .

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Yeah, we had our water heater go out a few months ago too. Fortunately we're renting now, so it was my landlord's problem more than mine. That and the heater not working when the weather started getting cold.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Chasing Prey

Canada
    hot water heaters really really suck. they dont go out til u really need them. its fixed/replaced now. also yea, people are slum lords here when it comes to houses. i'll pass on them as long as i live in ohio.

England
    God has declared war on Ace.

I've had no internet for several days though, felt like I was cut off from the world! Maybe God just hates HPOTD'ers?
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I don't know that God has anything to do with this... for example, I'm doing fine right now, so I think your HPOTD theory is shot... people go through rough patches in their lives, it's perfectly normal. Best wishes to all of you dealing with shit right now. I've been there, believe me.