Thread: Sonic Generations (360/PS3)

United States

Sonic Generations (360/PS3)

A good looking Sonic game? Crazy times indeed. Releasing this Holiday season:

http://de.sys-con.com/node/1797384

SEGAŽ America, Inc. and SEGAŽ Europe Ltd., today announced details of Sonic Generations™, the highly anticipated video game title in development to celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog’s 20th Anniversary. Delivering the definitive gaming experience for Sonic fans old and new, Sonic Generations™ sees Sonic the Hedgehog playable as both the much loved classic 1991 character, and the modern day video game hero he has become in this exciting new fast paced adventure. Sonic Generations™ will speed into stores for the Xbox 360Ž video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStationŽ3 computer entertainment system for Holiday 2011.

Set across three defining eras from 20 years of Sonic the Hedgehog video game history, the instantly recognizable environments of Sonic Generations have been re-built in stunning HD and are now playable in both classic side scrolling 2D from 1991, as well as modern 3D style found in Sonic’s most recent adventures. Each incarnation of Sonic in Sonic Generations comes complete with his trademark special move, Spin Dash and Spin Attack for Classic Sonic, and the Homing Attack and Sonic Boost for Modern Sonic. An innovative new interactive menu system allows for complete immersion in Sonic’s universe with favorite characters and hidden treasures gradually being revealed throughout the game.

“Sonic Generations will certainly be a fitting celebration for Sonic’s 20th Anniversary,” commented David Corless, Global Brand Director for Sonic. “By having the classic 1991 Sonic that many fans know and love team up with his modern day incarnation, we are bringing back the nostalgia of the early days of Sonic and combining it with the innovation and stunning HD technology of the modern gaming era. Sonic Generations will bring to life the last twenty years of Sonic’s universe in a truly unique and imaginative way.”

Sonic’s universe is thrown into chaos when a mysterious new power creates ‘time holes’ which pull him and his friends back through time. As a result, he encounters some surprises from his past history including Classic Sonic, Sonic as he was in 1991. Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic must defeat this strange new enemy, save their friends, and find out who really is behind this diabolical deed...

For more information about the game, please visit www.sega.com/sonicgenerations

For press assets, please visit the SEGA press site at www.sega-press.com.

About SEGAŽ of America, Inc.:

SEGAŽ of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGAŽ Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s Web site is located at www.sega.com

About SEGAŽ Europe Ltd.:

SEGAŽ Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGAŽ Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s web site is located at www.sega.com

Last edited by CoinReturn; 18-Apr-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: trailer added

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    looks gorgeous, but even a long time fanboy like me has been burned too many times to not be approaching it with a measure of cautious trepidation yknow?

Dying

United States
    As far as I'm concerned, they can just delete the entire section with Modern Sonic. I just want some classic side-scrolling Sonic, thank you very much.

United States
    Eh, sonic adventure was a great game. As long as they keep it like that and don't have me run around as big the cat and stupid shit like that, I'm down!
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Eh, sonic adventure was a great game. As long as they keep it like that and don't have me run around as big the cat and stupid shit like that, I'm down!
    100% agree with this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, they can just delete the entire section with Modern Sonic. I just want some classic side-scrolling Sonic, thank you very much.
    you ever play sonic unleashed? minus the bullshit werewolf god of war em up bullshit the 2.5d bits with sonic were pretty damn decent, this looks to be combining those parts with the original and a bit of sonic advance, the best sonic sidescrolling level designs in my opinion.

just think, in a parallel universe this is coming soon for the dreamcast 3 or something....

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    just think, in a parallel universe this is coming soon for the dreamcast 3 or something....
    If this parallel universe would feature Crazy Taxi sequels, more good Phantasy Star Online games, and less tennis games featuring plumbers and whatever the hell Toad is, I'm all for that parallel universe.

Sadly, the Dreamcast was way ahead of its time. When I heard about the Wii 2 having the controllers with the screen built in, my first thought was of the Dreamcast controller with the memory cartridge plugged in. That, and I can't believe how many hours I spent on Grandia and Marvel vs. Capcom 2.