Thread: Max Payne 3

Administrator

England

Max Payne 3

Looks beautiful!

And if the gameplay is anywhere as good as the last one, it should be epic! It's one of the few games I've actually played all the way through!

http://www.actiontrip.com/screenshots/maxpayne3.phtml

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Christ, this thing's still being developed?! Feels like years ago, in fact I'm sure it's years ago, that I saw screenshots very similar to this (albeit without all the special filters and effects etc). I wonder if this'll be any good...hmmm.

Good to see there's still some familiar Max Payne in there though from the second game - the long coat and New York setting ... so seemingly something must go down that forces him to flee to the Favellas and shave his bonce.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-May-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ....eeh... i want to be excited for more max but, at the same time its not remedy and if they felt he "was done and didnt deserve more tragedy and violence in his life" i cant work up excited for a character i really like going through yet more shit regardless of game polish y'know? i mean can't this poor bastard get a break?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ....eeh... i want to be excited for more max but, at the same time its not remedy and if they felt he "was done and didnt deserve more tragedy and violence in his life" i cant work up excited for a character i really like going through yet more shit regardless of game polish y'know? i mean can't this poor bastard get a break?
    I'm hoping for the best...

The second game was stunning! So if it can build on that, wow!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm hoping for the best...

The second game was stunning! So if it can build on that, wow!
    yeah, but remedy has shit all to do with this guy, they even added their own 'ending' to max payne with two alex casey pages read by max's voice actor in alan wake. This may borrow things from the remedy games but at the end of the day this is a new thing that might be as good, but could be utter balls.

Dying

United States
    The only thing that would make me interested in this game was if it allowed me to gun down Mark Wahlberg using bullet time.