Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft Kinect 'fastest-selling device on record'

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I've also enjoyed the mario and Ghostbusters games, but I say the system is worth having for just parties or get togethers. Loads of fun...
    Well, someone's gotta carry the torch:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...t-survey-says/

Wii consoles gathering dust, survey says
    Half of UK Wii owners haven't used their system in the past six months

A survey by discount site Myvouchercodes has found that UK Wiis are gathering dust as users neglect Nintendo's console.

Of about 1,070 Wii owners polled, 48 percent said they hadn't used their console in six months or more, according to Gamerzines.

Of those, 41 percent said they didn't have the time, 29 percent said the novelty had worn off, and 22 percent had moved on to Kinect or PlayStation Move.

23 percent said they hadn't used the console within the last month and 12 percent said they had not used the system within the last week.
    While I don't think Nintendo is in danger of losing much ground, those numbers have to be troubling to their executives. They can't get Wii HD out there soon enough!

United States
    still not interested in the kinnect, doubt i ever will be. still seems like a gimmick that doesn't appeal whatsoever to my gaming interests.

Super Moderator

UK
    Prof - agreed.

Coin - I'm not in the slightest bit surprised that, from that survery, such a large proportion weren't using their Wii units anymore (sounds a bit pervy, doesn't it? ) ... methinks Move and Kinect will have the same fate.

United States
    my wii is great for when i have friends and family with wii sports/new super mario bros, as well as being the ultimate nostalgia machine for me with a handful of old school castlevania games, a few zelda games, zombies ate my neighbors, and the resident evil(s) 1-4. sadly, i barely play it.

the games other than wii sports haven't impressed me all that much. i'd rather just stick with a controller for gaming, i'm quite active and fit, don't need to get my exercise from shitty gimmicks.

United States
    Just bought a kinect. I'm pretty happy with it. It came with Kinect Adventures and I bought Kinect Sports and Kinectimals.

Kinect Adventures - Pretty wakey games on it. I was in a raft going down a river in one and this other one where your in a glass box under the water and fish start putting holes in the glass and you have to plug them up.

Kinectimals - My son is 2 1/2 years old and struggles a bit. I would suggest it for a 4 year old for sure. An adult will get bored with this one in about 15 mins.

Kinect Sports - I can kick some ass at Track and Field. I still suck at bowling at the moment. This game and Kinect Adventures left me really sore. Really great workout!

Looking forward to a few releases coming soon. Powerup Heros and Star Wars Kinect.