Thread: Dating site scam. (Help!)

Undisclosed

Angry Dating site scam. (Help!)

I registered for an account at a dating site a few months back, and, predictably, they don't live up to their name and charge your credit card a fee for some of their services. I decided a month or so ago to cancel my mebership and e-mailed them my request, but they're ignoring me. I called my credit union and asked them if there was anything they could do about it, but they said that they couldn't, since it was done with my debit card (?!). Any suggestions? Better Business Bureau, perhaps?

Administrator

England
    If all else fails you could report your card lost/stolen..

United States
    I'd cancel the debit card immediately, and have your bank issue you a new one with a different number.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    ...and don't join dating sites, ffs. network and satellite through friends to meet new people.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ...and don't join dating sites, ffs. network and satellite through friends to meet new people.
    The prof speaks wise words here! Although I have met a couple of girls from the net in the past through facebook/myspace for a bit of sexy time, but thats all it was, never led to any more. Meeting girls/ladies socially & in the real world is the way forward, and contrary to popular belief you dont need uber confidence to do it

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Nothing wrong with dating sites.
    Can I suggest you use the free ones like plentyoffish or OKCUPID - not too bad and some hot girls every now and then.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.