Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse... Oh for goodness sake...

capncnut
    Kinda related. Pete Doherty is making a mockery of our courts again.

Click for article.

This time a wrap of heroin fell out of his coat pocket when in court over a drink driving incident. He was frisked and they found thirteen wraps in total, each containing a gram. What was Doherty's explanation, I hear you ask: "Oh, I put them in there back when I was on drugs, I completely forgot about them."

This is a man who has twenty-one drug offences (not to mention the others), and was sentenced to fourteen weeks in prison for breaching a court order designed to help him with his addiction. And because he's famous, the starstruck judge lets him off again with a £750 fine! Believe me, I know skagheads and they don't forget about thirteen grams. Honestly, has this country gone fucking mad?

If I dropped a wrap of heroin in front of a cop, I wonder what my sentence would be?
    Last edited by capncnut; 28-Jan-2010 at 10:32 AM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Kinda related. Pete Doherty is making a mockery of our courts again.

Click for article.

This time a wrap of heroin fell out of his coat pocket when in court over another incident. He was frisked and they found thirteen wraps in total, each containing a gram. What did Doherty say, I hear you ask: "Oh, I put them in there back when I was on drugs, I just forgot they were in my jacket."

Honestly, has this country gone mad?

It would be funny if the judge had said "pull the other one" & slammed him in the clink for 10 years (which I think any normal person would get) but no, seen as we're dealing with celebrities here he gets let off with a fine!

Administrator

England
    ...and the slow motion car crash continues...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13841612
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    any even give a f*ck like remotely at all?

just keep walking folks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Lol danny

@ Neil: As far as car wrecks go you guys have Amy Winehouse and we have Sarah Palin. So yeah I can relate.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Christ, I hope they got their tickets refunded!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

That video is awesome. I'm just wondering if this is intentional? There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    welp, looks like neils gonna find something new to rag on now, just on the news 'amy winehouse found dead in london squat age 27". who knew living in squalor and taking more drugs than oxygen would finish you off at an early age?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    welp, looks like neils gonna find something new to rag on now, just on the news 'amy winehouse found dead in london squat age 27". who knew living in squalor and taking more drugs than oxygen would finish you off at an early age?
    Indeed! The slow motion car crash has come to an abrupt end... Really don't have much sympathy strangely... Sorry!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    No surprise there. Some people are beyond help no matter what you tried to do for them. I honestly expect this to happen a little sooner.

Administrator

England
    Watch the inevitable outburst of adulation and idolization, when in reality she was basically a mess of an individual. Is it really so hard not to stick a needle in your arm or a bottle of alcohol in your mouth?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Watch the inevitable outburst of adulation and idolization, when in reality she was basically a mess of an individual. Is it really so hard not to stick a needle in your arm or a bottle of alcohol in your mouth?
    MTV actually said "jimmy hendrix, kurt cobain, amy winehouse, all taken at 27, what links these great artists to take them so tragically young".....

they werent being funny.

United States
    Hendrix is the only one in that sentence that I have any sort of regard for. As for Winehouse, I barely knew she was alive in the first place, so I won't be blubbering like a woman.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    MTV actually said "jimmy hendrix, kurt cobain, amy winehouse, all taken at 27, what links these great artists to take them so tragically young".....

they werent being funny.
    I once knew a guy that actually had a poster with these guys in some sort of heaven bar. I always thought it was kinda silly. I think Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin were also shown...
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Jul-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Hendrix is the only one in that sentence that I have any sort of regard for. As for Winehouse, I barely knew she was alive in the first place, so I won't be blubbering like a woman.
    Yeah, her name should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence with Jimi and Jim Morrison. It's bad enough to put Cobain in there.