Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3D Star Wars next year

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't know if he believes it or not, but I remember reading some articles about it. I also remember seeing Seth Rogen on Conan Obrien saying that the first time he met Lucas, he was seriously discussing the world's end in 2012. Of course he could have been joking, but Rogen says he was pretty damn convincing.

You never know with these insanely rich folks. Look at Scientology, ya know what I mean?
    Oh yeah, I know. I'm just thinking if I knew I only had a year left & his kind of money I'd either be traviling the world, partying like a rock star, giving all of my $ away, joining a budihist monistary, something, not thinking "gotta hurry & crank out as many episodes of The Clone Wars & as many crappy toys & merchendise as I can!!!"

United States
    Despite, the hate of this.....I want this to happen.

Wasn't born for the original releases, and to young to see the Re-releases back in the late 90's. Ii know it will be the altered versions, but damn it! I want to see "Empire" and "Jedi" on the big screen!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Despite, the hate of this.....I want this to happen.

Wasn't born for the original releases, and to young to see the Re-releases back in the late 90's. Ii know it will be the altered versions, but damn it! I want to see "Empire" and "Jedi" on the big screen!
    Yeah. despite being old enough, I liked in a pretty rural area growing up & didn't get to got to movies, so I never saw "Star Wars" or "ESB" on th big screen. So even though I'd seen them a zillion times on cable & then home video, I was still there opening weekend for all 3. That's why I'm not too fussed if he wants to re-release 'em, 3-D or not. Fuck it, give everybody that wants to see 'em on the big screen the option to, as many times as they want to.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Poster for the first 3D release:

Is it just me or is that thing an admission of guilt? No Anakin, no Jar Jar, just bad ass Darth Maul taking up most of the sheet. Think Lucas is leaving off the main characters in hopes that people forget?

The trailer is supposed to be attached to some 3D movie released next week.
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Oct-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Is it just me or is that thing an admission of guilt? No Anakin, no Jar, just bad ass Darth Maul taking up most of the sheet. Think Lucas is leaving off the main characters in hopes that people forget?

Think its more to do with the fact that lucas made the creators of the clone wars retcon darth maul so he never actually died in the phantom menace and is the bad guy in the next season of the clone wars.
    For some reason the old bulfrogs really pushing on making darth maul a big deal again for 'the fans', whoever they may be.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    For some reason the old bulfrogs really pushing on making darth maul a big deal again for 'the fans', whoever they may be.
    Is that what he calls his inner cabal of coattail-riding toadies?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England

Is it just me or is that thing an admission of guilt? No Anakin, no Jar Jar, just bad ass Darth Maul taking up most of the sheet. Think Lucas is leaving off the main characters in hopes that people forget?

So now we can enjoy the mess of a plot/script in 3D? Ummm... Let me think... NO!

And at the bottom it says at 3D and selected 2D theaters? So at a 'selected 2D' cinemas you're paying to see the same garbage as first time round!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Release the trailer on 3DS.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yep, that poster has all the things that were cool about that movie... *checks again* Yep.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think yodas face says everything about the only star wars film worse than battlefield earth.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I've got to admit, I thought The Phantom Menace was leagues better than both Attack of the Clones and especially Revenge of the Sith. That was the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. Jar Jar or no Jar Jar, I don't care. At least The Phantom Menace had somewhat of an adventure going on. Attack of the Clones had nothing except for cringeworthy acting and action scenes that were so lifeless that I almost cried. And Revenge of the Sith... Where to begin... Take the drab, boring action scenes from Attack of the Clones and fill an entire film with them. Add even more lifeless, ugly CGI. Ruin Darth Vader. Introduce yet another flat villain. The worst time I've ever had at the cinemas (I'm not joking).

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    all i have to say about this is: NO.

ok maybe i'll stick in a bit more: the phantom menace sucked the first time around really, really badly. i fail to see what 3D is going to do to make this boring shit fest any better.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't be the only one looking forward to 3D slave Leia in Jedi? It's like a childhood fantasy fulfilled.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzuZFxRwfg

When this is considered a failure, it's going to be hard to determine if it's because of the bad movie or because of the equally bad post 3D conversion. Perhaps both?
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Oct-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: .