Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 5

Undisclosed
    Guys, have you seen Tintin yet? There's more pulpy 30ies serial/indy -fun in that film than in Crystal Skull.
    A fifth Indy? I'll believe it when I see it. It might work if Ford does a 'Sean Connery' to Shia's 'Harrison Ford' ala The holy grail. Indy as a grumpy, know-it-all agravating his son as junior does all the stunts could be funny, but I would rather have me some more Tintin. All you Indyfans should definitely check it out!
    Last edited by krisvds; 01-Dec-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Spielberg said using an alien – which they referred to as MacGuffin – in the plot led to fights in production.

He said: “I sympathise with people who didn’t like the MacGuffin because I never liked the MacGuffin. George and I had big arguments.”
    Flash to a late night in the editing bay at Skywalker Ranch

Spielberg: I just don't know, George. This Alien MacGuffin thing is killing me, but the movie is basically in the can and ready to go now.

Lucas (playing with a toy X-wing): Arooma-zoom-zoom-ZOOOOOM!

Spielberg: George, did you hear me?

Lucas (now counting a wad of thousand dollar bills): I'm sorry, Stevie, I wasn't paying attention.

Spielberg: George, this Alien angle is a bit much, don't you think?

Lucas (stops midcount): Stevie, I make movies for the people who appreciate them.

Spielberg: ...

Lucas (happily back to counting his cash): Bill Moyers said I reinterpreted the tales of yesteryear for the audiences of today. He told JC, himself, that.

Spielberg (clears throat and presses onward): You know, it's just that my gut told me it was too out there and then we were unnecessarily heavy-handed with the use and treatment of the Aliens. Now this is one of the parts not scoring too well with the test audiences.

Lucas: I make film gold. Who are you going to listen to? Your gut and a few lame audineces or me?

Spielberg: You're right, George. My gut told me you'd have died by coronary thrombosis, by now. What size necktie do you have to wear, by the way?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I have it on good authority that Lucas has said he's going to have Indy ride out a volcanic eruption in a bathtub just to see how many more of you he can piss off.
    There was an Japanese vulcanologist who wanted to do that before he died. In the film the scientist would walk right up to fresh lava flows wearing a reflective thermal suit. Wish I could remember the name of that volcano documentary.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Shit, Raiders had a Nazi Monkey in it, and Crusade had Sean "Penitent Man" Connery taking down a fighter plane with an umbrella and a flock of seabirds.
    HAH! Penitent Man! "My son is a fucking idiot! I'm out here dying and he won't fucking kneel!" (long story, sorry for the completely inside joke everyone)

I still cannot understand the whole fridge bitch with everyone considering the insanity that happens in the other movies.

Regardless, while I didn't like the ending of Crystal Skull (aliens?!), I did dig the movie overall and would gladly sit through another Indy flick any day of the week.

Let me rephrase that: I'd only sit through another Indy flick if Harrison Ford is involved and in the movie.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I'd only sit through another Indy flick if Harrison Ford is involved and in the movie.
    Let's do this thing! Indiana Jones and the Can of Lost Prune Juice?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Let's do this thing! Indiana Jones and the Can of Lost Prune Juice?

Hey, if it means that Shia LaBeouf isn't in it, I'm all for the Lost Can of Prune Juice!!!! lmfao!

***edited to add: how is Indy's father less decripit than Indy himself?! Isn't that a little bass-ackwards?! Also, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather see "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the LOST BACON"
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-Dec-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the LOST BACON!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    how is Indy's father less decripit than Indy himself?! Isn't that a little bass-ackwards?!
    It's not the years, Honey, it's the mileage.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    It's not the years, Honey, it's the mileage.
    Touché, Aces....
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-Dec-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Reason for Editing:

United States
    I wanted to like Indy 4 so much..I really wanted to..Shia Lebouf is just the dingleberry on top of the shite sundae for me though..can't stand him in any movie he's ever been in, though it's pretty much been Transformers which yeah, didn't like..*braces for impact*

Anyway, regarding Lucas' tie size, I guffawed..especially since he had breast cancer..(yes, cancer sucks, believe me, I've lost people to it, it's just..george lucas sucks so bad his balls can't even get cancer, it's gotta be his tits)
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    I wanted to like Indy 4 so much..I really wanted to..Shia Lebouf is just the dingleberry on top of the shite sundae for me though..can't stand him in any movie he's ever been in, though it's pretty much been Transformers which yeah, didn't like..*braces for impact*
    Shia was the only thing I didn't like. Otherwise I'm lost on all the whining over it. I'm also not a fan of Transformers...

United States
    Hey everyone, I'm Shia Lebouf and I like to provoke people into fights then whine about it! And get arrested for not leaving pharmacies! I'm so great! All my directors tell me I'm the greatest actor of this or any generation! Michael Bay tells me I'm like his little Jewish printing press, but I don't know what that means! I don't think it's racist though, because he's a talented director and he only hires people with talent and integrity! It's fun riding the coattails of movies that I know will be blockbusters, irregardless of any artistic merit! Excuse me now, I need some cough syrup! It's fun being a star in modern Hollywood, charisma and talent AREN'T required! Strong mouth muscles are though! Michael tells me I'm the best!
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ah yes. The typical "I hate the hollywood actor because all the girls like him" routine.

Watch something outside of his action adventure blockbusters and you can see he's got some chops.
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Dec-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Ah yes. The typical "I hate the hollywood actor because all the girls like him" routine.

Watch something outside of his action adventure blockbusters and you can see he's got some chops.

Meh... I, personally, don't hate him 'cause all the girls like him, I hate him because he's a pompous dick.

If that was the case, I'd hate Justin Timberlake, but I don't.

Super Moderator

United States
    I agree with Bass on this one. Of all the things that bothered me about Indy IV, Shia (sp?) wasn't one of them. I can't say his personal life bothers me either, because I don't follow it, and have not heard about anything he's been involved in outside of his film rolls.

*shrug*

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Aaah yes. A guide to recognising your saints was a great film.

And I cant stress enough how much more fun that new tintin film is when compared to Indy4. But that's a different story ...