Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 2 Special Edition Blu Ray

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Walking Dead Season 2 Special Edition Blu Ray

I've split this off from the existing SE Blu Ray thread because it's technically the first bit of information we have for the Season Two set.

McFarlane Toys will be making the limited edition case for the SE Blu Ray sets of Season Two and it was just revealed at Toy Fair:

I think most of us were impressed with this zombie from episode 201 and I have to say....that's kinda cool. Definitely much better than the "door" special edition packaging of Season One.

Hopefully announcements of special features will arrive within the next few months....
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Feb-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Incoming lawsuit from the holders of the Pez copyright?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    not terribly impressed with that thing. something about that one good eye just looks off.....think i'll stick with the standard blu-ray edition instead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    not terribly impressed with that thing. something about that one good eye just looks off.....think i'll stick with the standard blu-ray edition instead.
    Yeah, I'm sure i'll get the standard SE as well. But you gotta admit....this collector's case is MUCH better than this travesty from last season:

England
    Nice. Not really my thing. Im more of a special features guy.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Nice. Not really my thing. Im more of a special features guy.
    Same here - I don't go in for special packaging (but that sure is a damn cool SE package!), rather the features.

Now - if only they'd put out the special edition of season 1 in the UK ... I'd like to have it on Region B Blu-Ray, but nooooo, they'd rather not make a bit of extra dosh.

I'd hope that they at least give us the full deal here in the UK this time around - and perhaps even catch-up on the Season 1 package!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You should talk with kidgloves to see how much it costs, but im pretty sure he'll tell you that it's worth importing the R1 version. The set is FANTASTIC. The most special features for any TV show i've ever seen.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You should talk with kidgloves to see how much it costs, but im pretty sure he'll tell you that it's worth importing the R1 version. The set is FANTASTIC. The most special features for any TV show i've ever seen.
    Aye, I keep my eye on the R1 DVD set (would prefer Blu-Ray, but my BR - like most - isn't region free for BR's but is for DVDs) - but the R1 DVD is too expensive at the moment and would incur import duties (like the time I imported the 4-disc Dawn DVD at £23, they ruddy well slapped on £13 worth of import duties and handling fees!) ... so I'm keeping an eye on the price until a company puts it out cheap enough. I'm not sure if the import threshold is still £18, or if it's gone down to £15 yet (as I'd seen rumoured a while back).

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye, I keep my eye on the R1 DVD set (would prefer Blu-Ray, but my BR - like most - isn't region free for BR's but is for DVDs) - but the R1 DVD is too expensive at the moment and would incur import duties (like the time I imported the 4-disc Dawn DVD at £23, they ruddy well slapped on £13 worth of import duties and handling fees!) ... so I'm keeping an eye on the price until a company puts it out cheap enough. I'm not sure if the import threshold is still £18, or if it's gone down to £15 yet (as I'd seen rumoured a while back).
    forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?19108-quot-Walking-Dead-quot-Special-Edition-DVD-and-Blu-Ray-details/page3

Post #35 It involves buying a cheap but very good bluray player but works great.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?19108-quot-Walking-Dead-quot-Special-Edition-DVD-and-Blu-Ray-details/page3

Post #35 It involves buying a cheap but very good bluray player but works great.
    My current BR/DVD/DivX player is just dandy - I ain't buying a whole new player just to import Season 1 - I shouldn't have to either. AMC/Anchor Bay should ruddy well respect the international fans, dangit!

I'd hope they rectify the season 1 situation when season 2 is released - and at the very least I hope they release season 2 properly here in the UK! You payin' attention, AMC/Anchor Bay/whoever?! Yeah - I'm talkin' to you ...

United States
    That's the exact reason I haven't purchased yet. There is always a part of me that wonders if somebody is gonna pull a Lucas and release something with "even moar footage" somewhere down the line and I'll be sitting there like a lumpus with the old piece of crap version.

Hell, I haven't made the leap to Blu-Ray because of the way my apartment is set up, I haven't made the leap to purchase the better tv and soundsystem to go along with it. I'll post pix of my lonely little game station, you guys are gonna throw rocks at me, serious!

edit: [IMG][/IMG]

The chair is there because the missus is out of town for the weekend and i was playing some xbox last night and didn't move it back.
    Last edited by childofgilead; 11-Feb-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: as promised
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    That's the exact reason I haven't purchased yet. There is always a part of me that wonders if somebody is gonna pull a Lucas and release something with "even moar footage" somewhere down the line and I'll be sitting there like a lumpus with the old piece of crap version.
    With TWD we knew when there was a better version coming even before they released the bare bones version. So if anyone forked out cash for the first dvd, it was their decision to not hold out for the special edition. Also, you don't have to worry about new versions of the first season. The SE out now is going to be it. I can't possibly see them adding anything more. Especially for a tv series.
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Feb-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: .

United States
    True, but with my laptop crapping out, I don't have a Blu-Ray capable player..is the PS3s version good enough to not only purchase one but have that as the primary?
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    Looks cool to me, I'd like to own both seasons.
    Baubles, man. Baubles...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    True, but with my laptop crapping out, I don't have a Blu-Ray capable player..
    The special edition is also available on DVD. Even Walmart carries it. It's the one with the Drew Struzan poster as the case, not the shot of Rick riding into town.