Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Action figures are on the way

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's not so bad, imo. About the quality you would expect for a 15-20 dollar figure. But man I would KILL to get a Hot Toys figure from TWD. If you've never seen Hot Toys' work, check them out. It's scary how realistic they get things. But that also accounts for the 100-300 price tags....

Thanks for the photos. If I run across Rick and Michonne, I think i'm still going to pick them up.

-- -------- Post added 16-Nov-2011 at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-Nov-2011 at 08:13 AM ----------

Toys R Us will also have an exclusive TV Series Rick Grimes in black and white with blood splatters:

Last edited by bassman; 10-Nov-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: .

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    Alright, I REALLY hope these automatically resize..if not..sorry and I'll edit..by the way, sorry about the picture quality, alls I have at the moment is the camera on my Blackberry..

First up is a few showing his limited shoulder and elbow movement.

Next, his assortment of weapons. I'm currently missing the black, longer barreled shotgun. Close up, based on the location of the safety, they appear to be Mossbergs.

Now, just a few random ones, different poses and some silly stuff.

It looks like he's wearing chaps! WTF? And they're all the same shotgun. The pistol grip isn't a real pistol grip, it's a cross between a pistol grip and a birds head grip. You'd think they'd get the guns right since all they'd have to do is recreate a specific model, of which there's loads of reference material for.
    I'm surprised at the lack of detail on this figure. I have some McFarlane figures that have extremely high detail compared to this. I stay away from the poseable figures as they always seem more like kids toys. I have a couple Marine MEU figures by McFarlane that aren't poseable, and the detail is outstanding. They're the kind that mount on an included base plate, and even the detail on the weapons is as close to real as possible. The Slash(Guns N Roses) figure is also in outstanding detail. I've liked McFarlanes work ever since he did the "Perceptions" comic book series for Spiderman in the early 90's. But this seems like he dropped the ball for this figure at least. Have to wait and see if future figures for TWD get better.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Although there is no confirmation, rumors are floating around that the following will be the second sets for the comic and tv series:

TV series:
    1x Shane
    1x Andrea

Comic Series:
    1x Riot Gear Glenn
    1x The Governor

Like the first sets, there will also be two walkers for each.
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Nov-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Wow, these look like shit.

United States
    I was in Toys R Us with my 10 year old daughter this weekend and she was pushing for me to buy the TWD action figures from the show, she wanted me to just buy them as she is well aware of my zombie fetish. I checked the price, 15 dollars per action figure, and while yes McFarlane does good work these are much smaller than the Spawn figures of old and really lack something in my mind.

Plus at 15 bucks I could not justify it, 30 dollars for 2 small figures? I will pass, even though she offered "to play with them" to make it worth my while... yeah because I want her going down the twisted road of my life starting at age 10

The do look cool mind you, just small, and way costly.

United States
    Exactly my point..Mcfarlane has long had its head buried up its collective backsides when it comes to figures..their Halo line was a step in the right direction, but those things are expensive as all hell too..but they're uber poseable and honestly, even though I'm not a huge fan of the games, I own all of them except for ODST and all of the novels, because it's a pretty fun universe to explore and find out about.

Anyway, yeah, at this price point, and this limited amount of movement, these are just a debacle. It would have been nice if NECA had picked up the license and given them the same treatment as their Assassins Creed line..lots of poseability and great extras..

At this rate, I'm going to wind up buying a few Truetype 1/6 scale figs and doing up a few zombies and survivors myself..I know how lame that sounds, but I think it'd be fun..and no..I never played with dolls as a kid..

edit: here are reviews for this line..

http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_011312a.htm
    http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_012512a.htm
    Last edited by childofgilead; 25-Jan-2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: reviews added
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Administrator

England
    OMG! They love the figures don't they
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    OMG! They love the figures don't they
    I could tell he was really into them by the way he repeated how horrible and expensive they were multiple times, and agree with him either go for a static pose and make a stature or make an action figure you can hardly ever do both in one figure well.. If you can say 30+ dollars for two dolls and it not make your butt twitch you are richer than I.

United States
    Yeah..I honestly don't see the market for these..things. I wouldn't mind paying that price for Halo quality figures..these AREN'T that quality though..hell, Halo figures aren't even that great anymore either..

It's getting to the point that Mcfarlane needs to just suck it up and go under..they aren't pushing the hobby forward anymore..I've seen better paint, articulation and sculpt on fracking G.I. Joe mass market figures..and what they're doing with Star Wars these days sometimes has to be seen to be believed. Mcfarlane can stick his overpriced..things..up his rear end and sit on a wooden chair. I know I'm not going too far out of line by figuring that he snagged up the license just based on the fact that Image publishes the comic and NOT on any inherent benefits of his company. Collecting little pieces of plastic doesn't have to be a prohibitively expensive hobby, which is why there are so many collectors out there. I personally collect simply based on nostalgia or just having something cool to display other than guns, games or cars.

Dammit..I shouldn't be this pissed over action figures!

ERRAAAAGH!
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    Yeah..I honestly don't see the market for these..things. I wouldn't mind paying that price for Halo quality figures..these AREN'T that quality though..hell, Halo figures aren't even that great anymore either..

It's getting to the point that Mcfarlane needs to just suck it up and go under..they aren't pushing the hobby forward anymore..I've seen better paint, articulation and sculpt on fracking G.I. Joe mass market figures..and what they're doing with Star Wars these days sometimes has to be seen to be believed. Mcfarlane can stick his overpriced..things..up his rear end and sit on a wooden chair. I know I'm not going too far out of line by figuring that he snagged up the license just based on the fact that Image publishes the comic and NOT on any inherent benefits of his company. Collecting little pieces of plastic doesn't have to be a prohibitively expensive hobby, which is why there are so many collectors out there. I personally collect simply based on nostalgia or just having something cool to display other than guns, games or cars.

Dammit..I shouldn't be this pissed over action figures!

ERRAAAAGH!
    Can't blame you though, I really wanted to love them... and I just can't. And at that price I can't even buy them and justify it as a guilty pleasure, they are so over priced as to offend me. All 4... $60 dollars? No kidding if I am thrifty that is groceries for a week or two tanks of gas. I am not paying that for sub quality dolls.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There will also soon be minimate versions of The Walking Dead...

I'm not a fan of this style of figures, but I know that they've been quite successful for many other franchises, including Back to the Future and Ghostbusters.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    There will also soon be minimate versions of The Walking Dead...

I'm not a fan of this style of figures, but I know that they've been quite successful for many other franchises, including Back to the Future and Ghostbusters.
    Oh Jesus...

Great Britain
    More figures due

Link for bigger pictures http://articulationtimes.com/walking-dead-tv-series-2/

Administrator

England
    Would be cool if you could pull the "well zombie" in half with all his innards hanging out
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Would be cool if you could pull the "well zombie" in half with all his innards hanging out

And for the bicycle zombie to not have feckin' legs and jeans on! WTF is that about?!

Also, gotta be a nitpicker, but Rick and Shane don't look much like Andrew Lincoln and Jon Bernthal.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Apr-2012 at 10:35 AM.