Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fangoria Legends Presents George A. Romero

Administrator

England
    Nope for me, but then I'm like a billion miles away in the UK!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

I just got my All New Special Limited Edition Fangoria Legends George A. Romero issue

And it rocks!! Only glancing at it now...looks to be original interviews with a lot of key Romero people. It even looks at non-dead related movies. Lots of photos...many of which I do not recall seeing before. The cover is of extremely think stock...much thicker than a normal magazine, which is good as it will be more durable. Just thought I would posts some quick thoughts to anyone that was on the fence about buying it. I say it is a must for any Romero fan!

EDIT: Had the come back and add this...the first article starts off as an interview with John Russo. In it, he says that George, Russ and Rudy Ricci formed a company called "Ram Productions" and made a cheap movie called Expostulations, which was a series of comic vignettes.

I have never heard EITHER of those facts before...has anyone else? I would love to see that Expostulations movie somehow. No chance anyone has it...is there...?

ANOTHER EDIT: Oh, the next sentence is that it remains unfinished...ok I guess I should at least finish articles before commenting on them!
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 04-May-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: had to

United States
    Great magazine and well worth the 10 bucks. I'm only half through and I've learned some new things too. Great job to GAR for quitting smoking!

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    EDIT: Had the come back and add this...the first article starts off as an interview with John Russo. In it, he says that George, Russ and Rudy Ricci formed a company called "Ram Productions" and made a cheap movie called Expostulations, which was a series of comic vignettes.

I have never heard EITHER of those facts before...has anyone else? I would love to see that Expostulations movie somehow. No chance anyone has it...is there...?

ANOTHER EDIT: Oh, the next sentence is that it remains unfinished...ok I guess I should at least finish articles before commenting on them!
    Ray Laine was to be a major player in Expostulations, and I think that the whole Ray Laine talking to the camera thing in There's Always Vanilla was directly lifted from Expostulations. I believe Mr. Laine was to also star in Whine of the Fawn as well.

PS - I got my magazine in as well. The content looks a little slim (no articles are over 2 pages) but I would have bought it anyway, even with this knowlege in hand.