Thread: Jason Stratham

Administrator

England

Jason Stratham

A nice little article over on the BBC website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17905818

In just over a decade, actor Jason Statham has become a billion dollar box office success. But how did this one time street trader go from selling black market perfume and jewellery to starring opposite Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone?

After debuting in Guy Ritchie's 1999 East End gangster hit, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Statham has carved his own niche in the action genre, appearing in box office hits like The Expendables and Snatch, as well as being the leading man in films including Death Race, The Transporter series and Crank.

These movies have taken more than a billion dollars in cinemas alone, making Statham one of the most bankable stars in the world - even if some critics complain he only plays one role.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    The rich man's Phil Mitchell.

Aaland
    I like Statham. Not the best actor in the world but many of his movies are enjoyable and funny.

United States
    Yeah, not a big action movie guy anymore, but he's one of the few I still like to see. He's just a likeable guy, and I like the way he kicks the living shit out of people.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Statham is good at what he does. There's no denying that.

I still think his best was his more comedic role as Turkish in Snatch....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i'm not a big action fan but i'll watch just about anything Statham is in. the way he seems to enjoy completely punishing motherfookers is something that i find quite entertaining.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Agree with all of the above insofar as decent actor & seems like a likeable guy. Plus he gives all of us "follically challenged" fellows hope that you can still score with hot chicks.

Undisclosed
    Why is he always so angry in everything? It is like he is the white version of Ice Cube.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't know, some of the stuff he's made is so shit. Like Crank and what-the-fuck is up with those Transporter flicks?

I'm not impressed.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I don't know, some of the stuff he's made is so shit. Like Crank and what-the-fuck is up with those Transporter flicks?

I'm not impressed.
    I like Crank.

I like the first couple of Transporter films.

I was impressed.

As as for the "so shit" comment? Again, perfectly adequate films. Certainly not "shit" in any realms of reasonable consideration...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Haven't seen Death Race remake, and have no desire to do so. Expendables was kick ass, however. Eagerly awaiting the second one.

Never saw Snatch, but I did see Lock, Stock. Of course, it's good. But looking at his filmography at IMDb there's nothing really that he's made that made me go anything other than "Eh."

I enjoyed the Jet Li flicks he made. But because of Jet Li and dumb-action. I only ever saw Crank 1, but there was something really ugly about that film. Must've been an early attempt to shoot digital - before Digitial was anything of worth. It looked real ugly. Transporter flicks? I'd be willing to give them another go.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    eww Statham is horrible. His American accent sucks, along with his acting...and all the movies he's been in since Snatch. Ugh.

I purposely avoid Statham movies..!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.