Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men in Black 3 (film)

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I think I feel the same way as Hells on this one.

Administrator

England
    Best of the bunch? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55987

It took the MEN IN BLACK series a few films to finally get the formula right, and, even then, they had to go back in time to before the original MEN IN BLACK even happened, but MEN IN BLACK 3 is the most watchable and fun of the franchise. That may not be the case for everyone, particularly those who have an affinity for the first film, but, as someone who wasn’t excited by anything MEN IN BLACK offered up previously, MEN IN BLACK 3 is the best of the three.
    -- -------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

One minute they love it, the next they hate it - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56006

You know what? I'm done talking about this miserable movie. I'm truly baffled by any positive reaction to MEN IN BLACK III because the whole exercise seems like it was completed against the will of the primary participants. It might be slightly better than the miserable second chapter in this franchise, but only because of Rick Baker's work. Beyond that, I loathed just about every minute I spent watching it. Have fun mustering any enthusiasm for this lazy, boring exercise.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Wow, talk about polarizing reviews, eh?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's not a bad little flick. It has it's low points, but I certainly wouldn't call it "miserable" like the review posted above. All things considered, I think it fits in nicely with the previous two films. Nothing amazing, but a fun little scifi adventure with some good laughs. Probably a bit better than the second entry but a notch or two below the first.

After the financial success of this film, I imagine the studio will persuade them to make a fourth entry but it would probably be best if they didn't, imo. I didn't expect it, but his film actually wraps up the story of J & K very nicely. New revelations that alter the perception of the previous films and a nice place to close out the trilogy as one complete unit.

In all, I would say definitely check it out. I imagine it will be easy for some to hate, but if you're looking for a decent way to waste ninety minutes with some familiar characters and laughs - MIB3 works.
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Jun-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: .

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the movie had a serious tone to it for certain. they didnt focus on all the other stuff like in previous movies and got straight to the serious side. the funniest part was boris "laughing" at the hippies
    Last edited by acealive1; 06-Jun-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: gggg