Thread: B-52 Bomber flies over my house

United States

B-52 Bomber flies over my house

The video starts with me filming my TV which was showing the July 7th, 2012 Coke Zero 400, the Nascar race in Daytona Beach. I walk outside to see the B-52 from TV fly over my house.

PS...Any way to edit the title in this post? Doesnt appear to be a way...
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 07-Jul-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: I hate having to give a reason. Maybe its private?

Super Moderator

UK
    I edited the title for you - not sure if members can do it, or if it's only an option for mods/admins (I think the latter).

Pretty cool - they're impressive spectacles when they fly over aren't they? I've had a few B-52s (as well as various helicopters, such as chinooks, and fighter jets) fly over where I live as we're in the general area of training for their pilots, and plus the SAS train in my county. Yesterday I saw a rescue helicopter flying over - must have been going to rescue some folks from flooded areas somewhere not too far away (we're having torrential rain in the UK at the moment).

Anyway - pretty nifty to see something on TV fly by in real life moments later. Whereabouts was the thing on TV broadcasting from?

Administrator

England
    Pretty quiet isn't it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Cool stuff! There's been an old WW2 DC-3 flying over my house quite a lot recently, pretty cool to see. The Lancaster bomber from the Battle of Britain flyover sometimes passes over here too, always an impressive sight. Best is when the Apache helicopters are training over here though, awesome sight! I hope they never use those for sneaking about as you can hear them from miles away.