Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autumn the movie

Norway
    Read the book a long time ago. Thought it had a bit too powerfull imagery at times but he built the mood sloooowly and really got me into the atmosphere. I liked the book a lot, the zombies was different from Romeros but lets face it the variants outnumber the classics in books and movies now. Personally I think that zombies who wants to beat you to death is more scary than zombies that are just hungry. Furthermore the zombies are very weird and acting oddly making you wonder what they will do next. The author creates a sense of uncertainness without really changing the zombie survival rules which is a tremendous acomplishment in my oppinion. A very good book and I will give the movie a chance. Where Autumm is different from other zombie books is in mood. It has a real acopalypitc feel unline many other books which are just a series a fights and some political soapbox piece typically saying that the military is always right or always wrong.

England
    Just got through watching this and .........

Ok I'm going to say it.

I enjoyed it. Well sort of.
    It's a long one at 2 hours but it was much better than I thought it was going to be after reading reviews of the leaked version.
    It follows the book very closely and that's probably it's downfall.
    The book was a teaser and that's exactly how the movie feels. It's not really resolved at the end of the story.
    Some of the score is out of place with what's going on screen but generally it creates a pretty decent atmosphere of the world their in.
    The main actors are good but there are some ropey moments and at times the story just seems disjointed but that may be down to the book.
    I'd be interested to know what the budget was because it looks bigger than I was expecting yet in places it really shows. Some of the editing choices are very strange and scenes just seem out of place.

Overall it was ok.
    6/10
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Wasn't a huge fan of the book, but it wasn't terrible. The movie however. . . oh god!!!! Aweful does not begin to describe it. I could only watch about 20 or 30 minutes before turning it off. The acting is just fine. But the camerawork and expecially the editing were horrible!! The sound was god aweful. It was a hacked up piece of shit. Just terrible. . . . bad bad. . . me no likey.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Wasn't a huge fan of the book, but it wasn't terrible. The movie however. . . oh god!!!! Aweful does not begin to describe it. I could only watch about 20 or 30 minutes before turning it off. The acting is just fine. But the camerawork and expecially the editing were horrible!! The sound was god aweful. It was a hacked up piece of shit. Just terrible. . . . bad bad. . . me no likey.
    Seeing as your not in the UK, i presume you saw the leaked version.
    The finished version has just been shown on UK tv. This is the one I'm talking about.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Hmmm. . .maybe if they cleaned it up some, it might be worthwhile. . . I dunno man. . .it was pretty bad
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Norway
    I just watched it and I wonder what happend? The actors were great the storyline cool and the setting pretty good. There is a good movie there buried under the worst editing I ever seen in a movie. It seemed to me at times that he director or editor (lets just call him the "responsible" from now on) poured on every filter, every colour blurring and the most nonsensical music I ever heard. It is one of the worst movies I ever seen because of the crazy editing. Either the ones responsible must have hated the author of the book and wanting the movie to fail or they are some severly untalented people/person who thought their scratching and switching colours were high art, speaking of high the ones responsible for the editing/directing must have been high as a kite to love his shit soo much. Avoid at all costs it will only serve to irritate you.