Thread: Indiana Jones on bluray

Administrator

England

Indiana Jones on bluray

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8283

So the original trilogy will finally be on bluray! Nice!

Not fussed about the odd recent one, but the original trilogy I'd like to own on bluray, if only to get a copy before Lucas finally decided he can improve them and starts f***ing them up as badly as the Star Wars films!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    [ the original trilogy I'd like to own on bluray, if only to get a copy before Lucas finally decided he can improve them and starts f***ing them up as badly as the Star Wars films!
    I don't think that will happen because of Spielberg. He's stated that he learned his lesson with E.T., reversed what he had changed, and would never do it again. I hope Lucas would have the respect for Spielberg not to change anything behind his back.....

As for the set - Oh hell yeah. Day one purchase. New features too! Woot woot!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't think that will happen because of Spielberg. He's stated that he learned his lesson with E.T., reversed what he had changed, and would never do it again. I hope Lucas would have the respect for Spielberg not to change anything behind his back.....

As for the set - Oh hell yeah. Day one purchase. New features too! Woot woot!
    Shame Spielberg can't rub some of that opinion off onto Lucas. I watched the beginning of Return of the Jedi last night and grimaced at the stupid CGI'd new music track in Jabba's palace! Damn you Lucas!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8283

So the original trilogy will finally be on bluray! Nice!
    It's about DAMN time! I was getting tired of Crystal Skull being the only Indy BR disc in my collection.

The only thing I'm worried about is the HD transfer. Hopefully they will get it right. If they do, this'll be a first-day purchase for me.

Super Moderator

United States
    The original Indiana Jones trilogy AND a free coaster? Sweet

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    "Damn the fridge, full speed ahead!"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    LOL!! Nice!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I bet they'll release this set around the same time as the blu ray collections for James Bond and The Twilight Zone. The wife is going to kill me....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I bet they'll release this set around the same time as the blu ray collections for James Bond and The Twilight Zone. The wife is going to kill me....
    lol. I know the feeling. Just tell her it's to 'future proof' your collection and that you're buying all this stuff for your kids.
    That's what I do.

doesn't really work though

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    September 18th.

I love the cover art:

Ireland
    I'll probably get the first two, if they can be bought separately. I've no desire to polute my shelves with the other two.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just a heads up.....while Raiders is currently playing in IMAX theaters nationwide, AMC theaters will also be screening the entire Indy series this Saturday(Sept. 15th).
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Sep-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: .