Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers (film)

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Nope - I ain't jokin', Sir. I edit a lot of educational DVDs, and that's how I first discovered it - I thought it was a mistake at first in the script, but I was informed that for a few years now in schools it's no longer BC/AD, but BCE/CE. Seems pointless to me personally - I'm decidedly non-religious, but I have no problem with "Before Christ" and "Anno Domini" - but whatever. Despite the change, I'd say BC/AD is still the norm in the wider world.
    I'm not in the slightest be regligious myself, but that's just ridiculous.

It kind of smacks of that idiotic idea to stop calling Christmas Christmas.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Robert Downey Jr earns 50 squillion dollars!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rober...-It-30948.html

According to The Hollywood Reporter, once bonuses are factored in, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner will likely earn between two and three million. Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L Jackson should rake in five to six million, and Robert Downey Jr will swagger off to his bank with around fifty million dollars. In case you suck at math, that means Marvel values Iron Man’s presence roughly twenty-five times more than Captain America’s.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    *jaw drops*

I wouldn't half mind fifty million... *drools*

Ireland
    It's obscene.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    It's obscene.
    Is utterly daft isn't it! From a limited role in a single film!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Maybe it's some deal relating to the Iron Man films, like some sort of combo-bonus or something?

**edit**

Yep:
    Why the difference? When Marvel’s Iron Man grossed a surprising $585 million worldwide in 2008, Downey’s reps at CAA and the Hansen Jacobson law firm renegotiated a deal to include what multiple sources say is a slice of Marvel’s revenue from future movies in which he plays Iron Man (one source puts it in the 5 percent to 7 percent range; another source disputes the percentage. Marvel and Downey’s reps declined comment).
    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/marvel-...224616846.html
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-May-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    It's good to be Iron Man.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Maybe it's some deal relating to the Iron Man films, like some sort of combo-bonus or something?
    That's what I had figured. If that is the case, I wonder what Samuel L Jackson got for his nine picture deal, or whatever it was?

Also, I've just read this quote from Joss Whedon about the possibility of returning for the Avengers sequel:
    “You know, I’m very torn.It’s an enormous amount of work telling what is ultimately somebody else’s story, even though I feel like I did get to put myself into it. But at the same time, I have a bunch of ideas, and they all seem really cool.”
    Sounds to me like he's planting that little seed with the studios. "It made a bazillion dollars, you have to win me back. Start the negotiations."
    Last edited by bassman; 17-May-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Director's cut bluray with 35mins more!?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56367
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK

Hopefully we get that treatment here in the UK for our Blu-Ray release. I'll definitely be picking it up sometime on Blu.

United States

Heck yeah. If people turn out in droves again, it'll be hard to ever catch in the top spot...
    Except possibly by its sequel.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Avengers Gag Reel. Because everyone loves gag reels, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-2fXYjE34

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The Avengers Gag Reel. Because everyone loves gag reels, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-2fXYjE34
    Hmmm ... says the uploader hasn't made it available (nor allowed embedding of it).

I do love gag reels ... good ones anyway ... some can be rubbish, but some can be great. Really enjoyed the ones on season 2 and 3 of Breaking Bad, which I watched recently.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Honest Trailers: The Avengers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDajL441mZc

I enjoy The Avengers for what it is, but most of that is funny and spot on....

Anyone pick up the blu ray yet? The pciture and audio quality is amazing.

Super Moderator

United States
    Sometimes I think you've got an axe to grind against Marvel IPs, Bass!

Litmus test: Do you think the Green Lantern was a good movie?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany