Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Munsters TV Series?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Not exactly what I would picture for Herman Munster, but O'Connell seems to be a pretty funny guy. He was funny in Piranha and that video making fun of Tom Cruises' insane Scientology rant had me in stitches.
    Trouble with herman though is the original actor had such an iconic cadence to his voice and mannerisms theres just nobody close to that acting today, i think at least. I just rewatched pet semetary and his whole "sam'tahmes... dead is beddah" stuff is chilling just because of the way he sells it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Trouble with herman though is the original actor had such an iconic cadence to his voice and mannerisms theres just nobody close to that acting today, i think at least. I just rewatched pet semetary and his whole "sam'tahmes... dead is beddah" stuff is chilling just because of the way he sells it.
    "You dahnt wanna gah dahn thaht rahhd..."

The South Park version of him returned in this week's episode.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    "You dahnt wanna gah dahn thaht rahhd..."

The South Park version of him returned in this week's episode.
    Good to know! I only ever seem to catch SP off on and on nowadays, love that riff on the character, though. And Danny is right, the PS stuff he did was just...superb!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    His role as the judge in My Cousin Vinnie is legendary. "Did you say youts?"

30 second preview for "Mockingbird Lane:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOV-zV98UXU

Certainly not the Munsters I know and love, but it doesn't necessarily look all that bad. The joke at the end of the preview gave me a chuckle and felt a bit like the Munsters style of humor. For a one time Halloween movie it could be decent...

United States
    Series pilot s now being recut as a single tv movie.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Series pilot s now being recut as a single tv movie.
    So no series now? - http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/31...kingbird-lane/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    fellas....It's on the previous page that they're testing the waters with a tv movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    To be honest that doesnt look too bad. looks like a silly monster themed comedy, not unlike the munsters. im just wondering how sliders dude will go, i aways thoguth izard was a good choice for grandpa munster, but i dig his acting anyway. ill check it out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Being a huge Munsters fan I checked my expectations at the door and I have to say.....It was pretty good. Singer and those involved did a great job translating The Munsters for a new generation. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a series with this Munster family.

It could never replace the original cast but it's entertaining in it's own way.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Being a huge Munsters fan I checked my expectations at the door and I have to say.....It was pretty good. Singer and those involved did a great job translating The Munsters for a new generation. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a series with this Munster family.

It could never replace the original cast but it's entertaining in it's own way.
    They had me at Portia de Rossi as Lily Munster. Her introduction was ... very sexy.

Izzard brought a gleeful chaos to the mix. This could make for an interesting series.

Wayne Z

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    This could make for an interesting series.
    I agree. I just finished watching the pilot again with my daughter and it's actually improved my opinion of it all. It's really a great revamp of the original show. Looking at IMBD, the pilot has over a seven rating, so apparently i'm not alone with that opinion. Hopefully this is picked up for a full season or more. It's quite enjoyable and would be wonderful amongst a sea of crap "reality" shows.