Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x06 "Hounded" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Yeah, but we all understand that's only because you got a thing for the Governor, so we don't make a big deal about it....
    I would BE the Governor in the zombie apocalypse. I even look like the governor from the comics.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    The Carol reappearance was handled poorly.
    Indeed, what was even up with her? And she couldn't even make a sound? Tap on the door with something? Only push it too-and-fro?

- - - Updated - - -

Merle - So no, we're not going to chase Miss Ninja so here's a bullet in yer head... Next scene... He's seemingly following Miss Ninja!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    To be fair, Maggie was fairly grubby (like everyone else) when she first arrived at the prison, but all of them have had the opportunity since taking the prison over to scrub up a bit. Even if it's a bucket of cold water and some soap, you'd be desperate for a clean-up if you'd been living in the same fetid clothes for months on end that had only received a rinse in a stream now-and-then.
    She's always in the same clothes at least. But her pants are always tight fitting. Even tight pants start to droop after wearing them even a few days in a row. Her tank tops are always perfectly tucked in, clean with no residual muck, no small tears or burns. Fingernails are always perfectly clean and manicured, face and arms are always super clean.
    Yeah, when they got to the prison she was grubby and covered in crap. But they got no way to clean clothes beside buckets of water. Clothes don't come perfectly clean that way. And the only way her hands and face would be so clean all the time is if she never touched anything dirty, or washed her hands constantly and never wiped sweat off her face or anything with her hands. Just look at Beth. She's always grubby.
    It's really not that big of a deal. It doesn't detract from the show at all. It just makes you wonder why. Makes you think that maybe some of the characters are starting to worry alot about their on screen image, and exerting influence over things for their own vanity. I can imagine that pretty actresses would like to look good on their shows, and being covered in dirt and blood all the time doesn't make them feel very glamorous.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    I would BE the Governor in the zombie apocalypse. I even look like the governor from the comics.
    I think that's the sound of all the Rick-followers taking a cautious step backwards, and the resident Shane-ites stepping forward with dangerous curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Indeed, what was even up with her? And she couldn't even make a sound? Tap on the door with something? Only push it too-and-fro?

- - - Updated - - -

Merle - So no, we're not going to chase Miss Ninja so here's a bullet in yer head... Next scene... He's seemingly following Miss Ninja!
    1) I presume she was physically and mentally exhausted after her ordeal, as well as being dehydrated and no doubt without much grub in her belly at that point.

2) From what I remember he wasn't tracking Michonne, but rather he was heading back to the prison. He didn't even know Michonne was there at that location hiding behind a car.

Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    She's always in the same clothes at least. But her pants are always tight fitting. Even tight pants start to droop after wearing them even a few days in a row. Her tank tops are always perfectly tucked in, clean with no residual muck, no small tears or burns. Fingernails are always perfectly clean and manicured, face and arms are always super clean.
    Yeah, when they got to the prison she was grubby and covered in crap. But they got no way to clean clothes beside buckets of water. Clothes don't come perfectly clean that way. And the only way her hands and face would be so clean all the time is if she never touched anything dirty, or washed her hands constantly and never wiped sweat off her face or anything with her hands. Just look at Beth. She's always grubby.
    It's really not that big of a deal. It doesn't detract from the show at all. It just makes you wonder why. Makes you think that maybe some of the characters are starting to worry alot about their on screen image, and exerting influence over things for their own vanity. I can imagine that pretty actresses would like to look good on their shows, and being covered in dirt and blood all the time doesn't make them feel very glamorous.
    If Rick can change clothes and wash a shit-tonne of blood and gore off his face whenever he fancies, then Maggie can have a scrub in a bucket too.

I don't see Beth being any more or less grubby than Maggie, personally. Heck, Glenn's hair was looking tidier than before (when it was matted with sweat and looked well greasy), but they've all scrubbed up a bit.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yikes. I don't understand the extreme Carol hate. There are worse and more useless characters on the show, imo....
    You counting tree's as characters?

Seriously though.. I Just dont like the actress, the character or the writing for her. Sorry, shes not a 'everywomen normal person who makes the show realistic' shes a boring, annoying, moany, ugly drab that sucks the life out of every scene shes in.

What annoys me is how much older all the characters are than their comic originals, its like they moved every single character forwards a generation and being in my 20's myself.. that takes alot of the relation out of it for me but they really took carol to the extreme.. they've taken a character from her mid 20's and put her in what, her late 50's? Her age and inability to handle what was going on around her was her character, its what made her interesting. Still an annoying character but with a point..

They've just taken that and made her into a dreary, moaning, sad old women who i am just waiting to die.

Dead

United States
    They've all scrubbed up a bit too much. You're right, Glenn was also lookin very well groomed. Rick looked scrubbed up compared to being covered in walker blood. But still looked kinda grubby. Especially compared to Maggie.
    But it seems like they're all just sitting around eating and shit. Except for daryl and the new token black guy. You'd think they'd be busy with other stuff, getting themselves set up better instead of just sittin around.

United States
    I noticed how it was said that Axl was fixing the generators in this episode. I'm getting the feeling that showers will be shown (or at least mentioned) to be up and running soon. They did have working showers in the prison in the comics. That should take care of a lot of peoples nitpicking complaints about how people look.

Personally, I don't want to see Maggie with hairly legs and armpits...you're talking about "realistic", right? Or the guys with ZZ Top beards; or a patchwork beard in Glenns case (I just have the feeling he wouldn't grow a full manly beard). Personally, I'm perfectly fine with how everyone has been looking.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I noticed how it was said that Axl was fixing the generators in this episode. I'm getting the feeling that showers will be shown (or at least mentioned) to be up and running soon. They did have working showers in the prison in the comics. That should take care of a lot of peoples nitpicking complaints about how people look.

Personally, I don't want to see Maggie with hairly legs and armpits...you're talking about "realistic", right? Or the guys with ZZ Top beards; or a patchwork beard in Glenns case (I just have the feeling he wouldn't grow a full manly beard). Personally, I'm perfectly fine with how everyone has been looking.
    How about Herschel and Carol with huge gray bush, sock boobs and cottage cheese thighs? I'd rather see hairy legs and pits and ZZ top beards over that anyday!
    All kidding aside, I agree completely. Full on reality in that situation wouldn't be a pretty sight! After having these images in my mind, I'll never complain about them looking too clean again...

What's up with Daryl completely destroying Carol's knife before rescuing her?
    And when are they gonna do something with Beth? At least get her out of those clothes!? The Capri's are a bit stylish for the situation.
    Last edited by babomb; 21-Nov-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Blimey, they've got to eat, and naturally they're all going to eat at the same time. You've also got to have a breather and get your energy back, especially mere hours after a real trauma. You've got to take some time out for recharge emotionally and physically.

Andy - Carol was early 30s in the comics, and she's early-to-mid 40s in the show (Melissa McBride is 47) ... and I don't see why her looks have anything to do with it. Sure, to each their own in terms of who they'd be attracted to (personally, I'm totally a Maggie fan in that regard, but I'm also a fan of Maggie in a wider context too - she kicks arse), but just because you yourself don't fancy Melissa McBride, I don't see how that has any bearing on the quality of her acting or her character in the show.

To be honest - and speaking generally here - there have been some views/comments bandied around by some folk here, on some of the female characters on the show, that I've found to be somewhat questionable.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 21-Nov-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Administrator

England
    Andy - Carol was early 30s in the comics, and she's early-to-mid 40s in the show (Melissa McBride is 47) ... and I don't see why her looks have anything to do with it. Sure, to each their own in terms of who they'd be attracted to (personally, I'm totally a Maggie fan in that regard, but I'm also a fan of Maggie in a wider context too - she kicks arse), but just because you yourself don't fancy Melissa McBride, I don't see how that has any bearing on the quality of her acting or her character in the show.
    No no no, youve missed my point.. im not moaning becuase she isnt eye candy. You know full well i sit in the beth camp on the department.

Im talking about making the characters relatable, which carol isnt to me. My point with the comics was although carol was annoying, she had some personality.. she had a story, you could see her unravelling and her story got good before she died.. They've taken all that out and replaced her with a totally different character who is in my opinion very pissy, moany, sour faced and who has no likable personality.

They might aswell have named melissa mcbrides character Shirley for how close she is to the source material.. and before you say i know alot of the other characters are far off their comic counterparts too but they have something else, they have their own personalities and characters which have made them likable but carol does not. at all.

Super Moderator

United States

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    From what I remember he wasn't tracking Michonne, but rather he was heading back to the prison. He didn't even know Michonne was there at that location hiding behind a car.
    He was indeed suppose to be heading back, but you never had the impression they'd travelled anywhere other than woodland before... and indeed it's rather hard to track someone on tarmac too!

So if the town was back towards 'home' why didn't they (Merle) pass it earlier (making tracking impossible), and then why was Michonne heading back, rather than away?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    I think that's the sound of all the Rick-followers taking a cautious step backwards, and the resident Shane-ites stepping forward with dangerous curiosity.
    You know, now that I think about it, my dialect is definitely closer to NEGAN territory. And everyone constantly tells me IRL I look like Jesus. And I have that no bullshit attitude like Abraham, and have also worked construction like him. So maybe Glenn supporters, Michonne supporters, Rosita supporters, Maggie supporters, and comic Sophia supporters should be feeling apprehensive at this point, too.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 22-Nov-2012 at 04:49 AM. Reason: rabblerabblerabble

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    You know, now that I think about it, my dialect is definitely closer to NEGAN territory. And everyone constantly tells me IRL I look like Jesus. And I have that no bullshit attitude like Abraham, and have also worked construction like him. So maybe Glenn supporters, Michonne supporters, Rosita supporters, Maggie supporters, and comic Sophia supporters should be feeling apprehensive at this point, too.
    It's all just rumor until we see a photo!!

United States
    People just look for things to complain about the show around here. Just stop watching.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."