Thread: ZombieLab at the Science Museum

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

ZombieLab at the Science Museum

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visi...-491E2A1401B6}

ZombieLab explores the science of consciousness after a zombie outbreak. How can we know if zombies are conscious of their actions? What do you need to understand to respond to the zombie threat?

Our ‘outbreak’ starts at one of the Museum’s popular Lates events on 30 January. Across the following weekend, an isolated zone in the Museum will become the ZombieLab. It will feature interactive live games, mass experiments, a series of short talks and a zombie trial. Explore consciousness science and the implications of a zombie attack!

This event is aimed at an adult audience. Visitors under the age of 15 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the ZombieLab during the weekend.

Administrator

England
    Cool!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    ZombieLab explores the science of consciousness after a zombie outbreak
    They're just proving theories that where advanced months ago and they're not even proving them correctly, they're making a lot of assumptions here...

UK
    I'm very much wanting to go to this!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    I'm very much wanting to go to this!
    OK! I name you HPotD official onsite reporter!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    If i go, I will be recording video... lots of video and photos
    Last edited by Cykotic; 24-Jan-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    There is a virus that has begun infecting insects in the amazon, ants & caterpillars, and it controls there brains after death. It's only a matter of time before it jumps species into humans.

UK
    Yep, thats called Cordyceps.

As for the zombielab event, I am going and i will take as much video and photos as I can. Who else is going? I'm gonna try to get there for 5pm even though it don't start until 6:45pm lol

UK
    well, i went (along with 5,060 others!)... honestly, kinda sucked... nothing to report because everything was full and the staff had no clue!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    well, i went (along with 5,060 others!)... honestly, kinda sucked... nothing to report because everything was full and the staff had no clue!
    What a shame... Was this zombie thing just a shamble <--- See what I did there?

Was it really just a total waste/mess?
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    yes... well played sir... well played.

Personally, I think it was an organisational cock up. I just don't think they were expecting such a large amount of visitors for that first night. If it was a ticket only event, they would have been quids in.

It is happening again over the weekend, so i'm thinking that maybe it will be less busy.

Oh, and they had a thing (The only thing i could get into) called Punk Science (a regular thing during their Lates events). In this one, they teach you, using science, how to make anti-zombie weapons (we're talking explosives and fire here)...

All in all, I just think that the staff had no clue what they were dealing with. When the crowd went in, they look so overwhelmed. It would have been nice to have got into more of the events, but like i said, the only one that was possible to get into was the Punk Science show. One of my friends who went told me that she got into the Predator/Prey section and that although it was educational, it wasn't fun.
    Last edited by Cykotic; 31-Jan-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan