Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mass Effect 3 (video game)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    So, anyone playing the full game?
    well ive been told by a friend they got me a copy for my birthday so i guess i'll have a copy but ive seen the endings, all the parts that are literally stolen without permission from deviant art and the hamburger hepler fan fic and after seeing joker in a romance with the ships AI that is now a sexualised fembot i think i can safely say i may just use the receipt because they turned a great sci-fi series into fan service of a level i thought only drizzt could achieve

United States
    Yep..Mass Effect 3 sucks and then you die.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    got it as an early birthday gift, beat it in 22 hours. worse controls than 2, far easier than either. poor ending and on the whole lazy design.

but the one thing i actually got pissed off about was after the ending, nothing. the ending itself was bad, but spoilers aside there is NO resolution for your characters. I mean even dragon age had those little walls of text about every character. the ending is sheppards ending, everyone else was forgotten about 30 minutes gametime earlier and never mentioned again. that is bollocks. they basically couldnt be arsed to write endings for all the possible choices so instead decided to make everything in the series bar the final choice of two things completely irrelevant.

-also, ripping off metal gear 4, bad hamburgler hepler.
    Last edited by Danny; 12-Mar-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: gkkgj

United States
    Yeah..I've been a diehard fan of this series since 2007..and I paid $80.00 for THIS?..bad form..bad form.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Being Attacked

England
    Finished it today ( on the PS3 and had none of the frame rate problems some have been arguing about on gaming sites) ending is ok but far better when you work out what it could actually ( and probably ) does.
    Although once you work it out it's even more if a pisstake from Bioware as it will mean DLC to pay for.
    By the way the Stargazer at the end is voiced by Buzz Aldrin, which I thought was a nice touch

United States
    It's nice about Mr. Aldrin and all, but gah-damn was that speech bad..second man on the moon yeah, but a VO actor he is NOT!
    or
    Basically..Mass Effect is toast for me..I had 2 different playthroughs for each sex I planned on doing..after I finish NG+, I'll shelve it next to it's mates and never look at it again.

United States
    Finally got around to finishing this tonight...bleh. Usually I'm not one to demand the writers risk their artistic integrity to appease fans but damn, there definitely needs to be an amendment/rewrite of that ending as DLC.

Other than the last 10 minutes, the game was pure bliss. My favorite part was Javik, the Prothean squadmate. So many cool stories and insights on their long-gone empire.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Finally got around to finishing this tonight...bleh. Usually I'm not one to demand the writers risk their artistic integrity to appease fans but damn, there definitely needs to be an amendment/rewrite of that ending as DLC.

Other than the last 10 minutes, the game was pure bliss. My favorite part was Javik, the Prothean squadmate. So many cool stories and insights on their long-gone empire.
    I believe they are working on an adjusted ending?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    The gods of April the first are smiling upon us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOqHUa2LfNY

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    WELP.

Todays the day,

Lets see how Bioware fucks it up even more.

-- -------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

HOW DID THEY MAKE IT EVEN FUCKING WORSE?!?

Its like they didnt even understand what was wrong and just made something even dumber!

okay, im officially done with bioware. I've played jprgs with more concise endings.

United States
    So I bought the Mass Effect HD collection and have been playing through all of them again. This is my first time with 3rd and I'm actually loving it. I waited so long due to hearing bad stuff but I would say it's better than the 2nd(so far) but not as good as the 1st. Hopefully the ending doesn't ruin it for me.

The new weapon system is much better than 2. Multiple Reaper type enemies breath of fresh air.

Favorite part so far. Just blown away by it.

United States
    WHAT?!?

Sooo, they completely fouled up the ending for me(Even with multiple endings)......I'm offically on board with everyone else.....pissed about this game now. Just fucking great! BLAH!
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 26-Jun-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: ............