Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low carb diet

Ireland
    What...so no milk on me cornflakes in the morning?

This dieting lark sounds like hell.

Anyway...massive fail for dinner. Ne beans and brown rice. It's indian.

I did a bit cycling today, so it should be ok...shouldn't it
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Is now not the time to say I had tempura waffles with chocolate sauce and it was fantastic? Sorry... I love that y'all are men and talking about watching what you eat. I work for a guy I thought had to be gay because his whole pantry is stuffed with things like 'weight control' oatmeal and fifteen kinds of protein powder and dozens of vitamins. I've never known a straight man to care about what he ate.

While men and women are different... somehow ... I hear a lot of what works for people is taking out the carbs and the dairy. None of this gluten free insanity or put cayenne on everything craziness. But I will say... I'm a protein fiend... protein shake for breakfast, greek yogurt with a scoop of protein powder, another protein shake for lunch, and then there's dinner which is whatever the hell I want it to be and alcohol because I'm an adult.... and when paired with sufficient exercise weight practically runs screaming for the hills. And speaking of running and hills... find those because they're amazing. They tone every part of you.

Diet without exercise is like a gun without ammo... what's the point really?

Stay strong guys...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post

Stay strong guys...
    As regards weight, have to say diet IMHO seems far more important than exercise...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    While men and women are different... somehow ... I hear a lot of what works for people is taking out the carbs and the dairy.
    That seems to be my experience, too bad carbs are an altar I have difficulty not bowing down to.

I will say... I'm a protein fiend... protein shake for breakfast, greek yogurt with a scoop of protein powder, another protein shake for lunch, and then there's dinner which is whatever the hell I want it to be and alcohol because I'm an adult....
    Very cool! Sounds like what life was like for me before my late 30s!

And speaking of running and hills... find those because they're amazing. They tone every part of you.
    I absolutely loathe running, but am trying to work myself up to get off the bike and elliptical and start some jogging, as it seems way more efficient for getting the heart rate up.

I couldn't agree more. I used to hate exercise and the way it made me feel, now I find it empowering and a nice rush...till I push it too far, then I hate it again

Stay strong guys...
    Thanks, gonna try!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    As regards weight, have to say diet IMHO seems far more important than exercise...
    I agree, though the exercise will make it easier, you healthier and allow for occasional lapses in diet.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I've been lifting religiously for years now, and the low-carb diet is my preference when it comes to losing weight.

I could live off of milk, steak and peanut butter.

Undisclosed
    I have lifted weights during the past 13 months. Question for the weight lifters. What is your regiment like? I am lifting 3 times per week and sticking with old fashion free weights. The number of sets per muscle group are around 5-6 opposed to 10-12 that I used to do years ago. I also used to lift 5 times per week. To be honest, I have noticed better results from lifting less sets.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I have lifted weights during the past 13 months. Question for the weight lifters. What is your regiment like? I am lifting 3 times per week and sticking with old fashion free weights. The number of sets per muscle group are around 5-6 opposed to 10-12 that I used to do years ago. I also used to lift 5 times per week. To be honest, I have noticed better results from lifting less sets.
    I use free weights, mostly barbell with as much weight as I can get on it to lift within an 8 - 12 rep range. I do one set of each lift but mix up what order I do them in for each days workout. Upright rows, standing shoulder press, military press, bicep curl, skullcrushers, bench press and barbell squats. I do that 3 consecutive nights a week then leave a 4 day rest period before doing it again. It's a bit of a posey shot this but I'm taking pics to document my progress, this is the shape I'm in at the moment. As I keep adding weight it will only improve. I run 2 - 3 times a week as well to make sure I'm getting my cardio in.

http://instagram.com/p/ccfzsAK7Oy/
    Last edited by Tricky; 04-Aug-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I use free weights, mostly barbell with as much weight as I can get on it to lift within an 8 - 12 rep range. I do one set of each lift but mix up what order I do them in for each days workout. Upright rows, standing shoulder press, military press, bicep curl, skullcrushers, bench press and barbell squats. I do that 3 consecutive nights a week then leave a 4 day rest period before doing it again. It's a bit of a posey shot this but I'm taking pics to document my progress, this is the shape I'm in at the moment. As I keep adding weight it will only improve. I run 2 - 3 times a week as well to make sure I'm getting my cardio in.

http://instagram.com/p/ccfzsAK7Oy/
    Keep it up. I noticed your arms, shoulders, and chest are shaping. You got me on those, but I have you beat on lats and abs for sure. Do you have access to a pullup station or bar? I added weighted pullups 1/2 a year ago and have gained positive results. I made a homemade dip belt out of a solid chain around 5 ft, I think. The belt is padded with a foam pool noodle that was cut in 1/2. And I use a spring hook to hold the ends together.

Btw, I thought your hair was blonde.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 09-Aug-2013 at 05:25 AM. Reason: double post

England
    Cheers dude! No I don't have a chin up bar, could use one really! I just use free weights. My hair is still a mucky blonde colour, but I don't have the blonde highlights in it that I had a few years ago ha!