Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TWD 4x02 "Infected" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Administrator

England
    I don't know what series some of you guys are watching but I am LOVING season 4 so far. Big improvement on season 3.

United States
    Watched it a second time last night; even better than the first viewing. Picked up a few new things like the drawing on the wall that Karen views displaying a child's interpretation of the situation just outside the fences. Walker Nick sure did mean a lot to Lizzie; that young kid really is screwed up. Also, like said earlier, Carol- Talk about a character evolution. Who would have thought she would still be around; let alone such a strong warrior.

And Rick, yeah, his view on peace and normality shattered the instant he sacrificed his first pig. Can't express enough on how awesome and emotionally haunting that scene really was.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Watched it a second time last night; even better than the first viewing. Picked up a few new things like the drawing on the wall that Karen views displaying a child's interpretation of the situation just outside the fences. Walker Nick sure did mean a lot to Lizzie; that young kid really is screwed up. Also, like said earlier, Carol- Talk about a character evolution. Who would have thought she would still be around; let alone such a strong warrior.

And Rick, yeah, his view on peace and normality shattered the instant he sacrificed his first pig. Can't express enough on how awesome and emotionally haunting that scene really was.
    That's is exactly what I meant about Carol. She was just back ground. Aside from doing laundry kind of useless. She was a victim that has turned that persona completely around. I am a fan of hers now. Which sucks cause they will probably kill her now that I care.

And you're right about Rick. Of all the characters I am mostly invested in him. I wanna see him beat this world more than any of them. Maybe it's because I see a lot of me in him and I root for him. Episode two made me happy. I love this ride and can't wait for more.

Ireland
    I've always liked Carol. She's one of the most realistic characters in the show.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I've always liked Carol. She's one of the most realistic characters in the show.
    Same here. I like her more than the guy who looks so gay in that ricidulous poncho riding the motorbike with the SS logo.

EDIT: come to think of it, the imbecile who came up with that, thinking it would be edgy or cool can take that symbol and shove it up his you know what.
    Last edited by krisvds; 25-Oct-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Aye, she's a dependable character who's slowly been evolving in the background while other people take centre stage. She's been through a lot and has changed quite a lot since the first season, which is great to see. She's really been through the wringer and come out on the other side tough as nails.

England
    Same here. I like her more than the guy who looks so gay in that ricidulous poncho riding the motorbike with the SS logo.

EDIT: come to think of it, the imbecile who came up with that, thinking it would be edgy or cool can take that symbol and shove it up his you know what.

Ha ha.

Housewives, rednecks and badass wannabes are going to be up in arms when they reveal that he is gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)
    Last edited by kidgloves; 25-Oct-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: stuff and things
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    saw ep 2 last night and thought it was generally good, the flu is working out better and less zombie evolution than I thought/worried. I am surprised that they seem to have no night watch whatsoever (one person with a flashlight?) inside and apparently nobody at all outside. I would think that keeping the fences up, especially now that they know there is an increasing build up of walkers would make keeping the fences clear a priority. I think they've made it pretty clear the lizzie girl is evil. Her sister basically said so. I like what Carol is doing with the survival education for the kids and really don't get why any parent postzombies would have any problem with it at all. I like that rick is back to being ok with killing zombies, but I still find him one of the least likeable characters because it's like he consistently makes the worst or most naive decisions ever and then second guesses himself or contradicts his previous decision moments later. I like that they're showing daryl as having emotions other than anger and hillbilly pride, that he's starting to feel the pressure of the leadership role. But that probably means they're going to kill him soon. I'm starting to think black paramedic guy is a red herring for the crazy little girls about to be craziness.

Also, if they have a big truck, why not just use that to go out and plow down the zombie build up once a day? Put a nice reinforced ad max style bumper on it and clear a path. It's not like they're worried about gas, rick wasted a ton of gas burning down his pig fort. Which again, why would you start a fire in all that dry grass? dumb call rick.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, I wouldn't say a ton of petrol on burning his pig enclosure - just a few splashes and then the wood does the rest.

Even with a big truck with a plow on it, you'd still run the risk of damaging the vehicle (just think of all that gooey flesh and broken bones getting caught up in the guts of the vehicle somewhere - a severed brake line, a snapped fan belt etc) ... plus you'd run the risk of getting bogged down in zombie guts (as glimpsed in the Comic-Con trailer, in a scene that comes up in episode three I believe).

With such a vehicle down a straight road, yeah, you could probably do alright with the correct sort of plow on the front, but you'd also need momentum against a big swathe of walkers (imagine a road FULL of walkers), but bumping around on marshy land in a very heavy truck? Too dangerous and clumsy and that would be a waste of much more fuel. Better to try and spread them out as they did - or inside the fence and try and bring some of them further down the fence and pop them along the fence line, rather than in one spot.

There must be a shedload of walkers in the world of TWD now ... Day of the Dead style odds.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    There must be a shedload of walkers in the world of TWD now ... Day of the Dead style odds.
    If you've seen the preview clip they showed on the Talking Dead you would be doing cartwheels.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    If you've seen the preview clip they showed on the Talking Dead you would be doing cartwheels.