Thread: A zombie speaking before day?

United States

A zombie speaking before day?

Ok, I have to ask if anyone else heard this... I'm pretty damn sure that I heard a zombie talk before Day... I may be wrong though, and it may just be a goof...

On Dawn of the Dead it's on scene 15 about 1:14:04, on my divimax edition at least, when Stephen's trying to get the keys off his belt to give to Fran just before they go for the car. I swear to God I heard one of the zombies say, "Get him".

Watch it and let me know if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Maitreya; 15-Aug-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool

sorry, i ran through it four times and i heard nothing. Which version do you own? Maybe it's on one particular version. There are scenes that are included/excluded/extended depending on which version you have. Maybe what you heard was exclusive to one paricular version.

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    Well I've seen the movie more times than I can count and don't remember hearing anything. Now if I get to watch the movie over and over I'm all for it. Now I do recall that on some versions that the soundtrack will overlap and that may be the result of what you are hearing. Remeber that Peter is telling Flyboy to "Get out of their". The voice track may overlap and sound like "Get Him". I'll check it out.
    "We gotta stay in the sticks man."

United States
    I own the Divimax, like I said before... It's right before Pete says "Get out of there". There's the shot of Stephen pushing the zombie off of him and it's while the zombie's falling down that I'm hearing it... It's not just a one-time thing otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

It's quite guttural too, and there's a little "ugh" before it. It's semi-hard to hear, and something I didn't quite expect, kinda like the infected boy in 28 Days Later at the hamburger shop saying, "I hate you" before Jim killed him.

I dunno, maybe it is just my DVD.

United States
    You know, I have watched Dawn probably 100 times, and I never noticed that before. I pulled out my Divimax edition and watched the scene you mention, and in fact, it does sound just like a zombie says "get em". In fact, there is a groan first, its like "grrr, get em". I supect that it was just supposed to be a random growl that coincidentally sounds like "get em", or a zombie extra got a little too ambitious in his non-speaking role. I would assume that this isnt unique to the Divimax edition, it must be like that on other versions as well.

Good catch Maitreya.

EDIT: No reason to assume anymore, I got out the Ultimate Edition, and it is the same on there, a groan and then "get em".
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 15-Aug-2006 at 05:07 AM.

United States
    Well does anyone know what month ROTLD and day came out? i'm not sure which was first but i do rmember talking zombies in ROTLD

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate
    Well does anyone know what month ROTLD and day came out? i'm not sure which was first but i do rmember talking zombies in ROTLD
    ROTLD did have talking zombies (brains!), but it wasn't Romero's work... I was referring to his trilogy.

United States
    oh, sorry! you never really specified i guess but i'm always down with GAR than i am anyone else!