Thread: Rick Grimes & Walter White rap battle

United States

Rick Grimes & Walter White rap battle

fans of both shows should love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krQHQvtIr6w

(i think heisenberg is the victor is this one, not just cuz his show is superior, either)
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 06-May-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: .

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Breaking Bad is definitely superior and Heisenberg's rap was better, but I thought Rick's voice was closer to the character.

Administrator

England
    Only just started watching Breaking Bad this week - Only 2 episodes in.

Have to say based on just the first two episodes of both series, TWD is ahead so far - But I'm sure BB will build from what I've read

I'm amazed at the production quality of these youtube videos!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I think Rick was closer in terms of voice, and well, personally I found his rap a little better than Heisenberg's.

Neat video.

Neil - I liked BB from the get-go, but it did take me until part-way into season two before it really clicked with me. Then I was merrily tumbling down the blue meth rabbit hole.

United States
    @ neil:

breaking bad takes a little bit to start building steam, but by season 3, i knew it was probably going to go down as one of my favorite shows ever. it literally just keeps picking up momentum, and by the final season, it's such a different show show with a totally different vibe than what it started out as.

bb had the advantage of having an ending destination in mind, so the show had a clear idea of what it wanted to be and where it wanted to go from early on....while TWD suffers from a bit of an identity crisis here and there and has way too many filler episodes and pacing issues.

both are good in their own way, but i have a feeling your opinion might flip as to which show is better. to each his own, regardless.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....As mentioned above, I liked the earlier episodes of Breaking Bad but the show really gets you on the hook around the middle of Season Two to Season Three. Season One is a short one like TWD because of a writer's strike, so you'll be addicted(no pun intended) before you know it.

Neil's going to start binge watching and he'll be on here talking about the series finale in only a few week's time.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah....As mentioned above, I liked the earlier episodes of Breaking Bad but the show really gets you on the hook around the middle of Season Two to Season Three. Season One is a short one like TWD because of a writer's strike, so you'll be addicted(no pun intended) before you know it.

Neil's going to start binge watching and he'll be on here talking about the series finale in only a few week's time.
    I'm watching it as/when I can, along with True Detective at the moment...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm watching it as/when I can, along with True Detective at the moment...
    I still have to give True Detective a try. I've heard lots of good things, just haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I'm currently making my way through Sons of Anarchy. Not a bad show by any means, but I'm finding it a bit lacking compared to recent great shows like Breaking Bad.

I also noticed Bates Motel is on instant Netflix, so that's on my radar as well....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I still have to give True Detective a try. I've heard lots of good things, just haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I'm currently making my way through Sons of Anarchy. Not a bad show by any means, but I'm finding it a bit lacking compared to recent great shows like Breaking Bad.

I also noticed Bates Motel is on instant Netflix, so that's on my radar as well....
    True Detective is akin to BB I'd suggest; It takes a few episodes to get going, but then it's slow burning drama comes to the front

I'm 5 episodes in (out of 8) and really enjoying it now! At 1-3 I wasn't sure!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    'True Detective' is pretty good. It dips a bit in the middle section, but rises again at the end.

But, well worth a watch.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    'True Detective' is pretty good. It dips a bit in the middle section, but rises again at the end.

But, well worth a watch.
    I still haven't seen the last few episodes..I gotta make the time.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Loved True Detective. Loved Breaking Bad.

Super Moderator

United States
    Okay, finally got a chance to watch this and Walter White had a great sign off, but the guy doing Rick had a better flow and also sounded great ala Rick Grimes.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany