Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A list of films that have a direct references to DAWN of the DEAD 78 or 04

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff
    Whoa, I must find this movie!

Somehow I've missed the Dawn references in Return and Zombie... can someone please elaborate?
    I don't remember Zombie saying anything about Dawn unless you count the guy who is burying the dead in the pit and he is talking about the voodoo. You know maybe that was supossed to be Peter's grandfather? As far as Return they talk about Night, but I don't remember Dawn.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott
    Hell of the Living Dead is a giant Dawn ripoff, including the Goblin tracks, and SWAT Team members on the hunt for zombies.

There's a Tales From The Darkside episode directed by John Harrison (can't remember the name, will look it up) where Dawn's playing on a TV in the shot (I know, it's not a film...).
    you sure it's not the film? i just watched it and i saw it there, but i guess your memory serves you kinda good

Philly_SWAT: There is a couple of films that I cant remeber right now that have Dawn 78 references. One of them is when some guy is asleep in his chair in the living room, and Dawn 78 is playing on the TV. The scene that is playing is the "screwdriver zombie" scene, who was played by John Harrison. The movie I am referring to was directed by John Harrison. I believe it was "Tales from the Darkside" the movie, which was pretty cool as I remember. Seems like maybe a Stephen King movie or two may have had some type of Dawn reference as well.

Dead

Undisclosed

Anyone ever see "Morgan Stewart's Coming Home"?

I may or may not be missing the mark here.....
    but have guys ever see a movie called "Morgan Stewart's Coming Home"? I think it stars Jon Cryer set in the mid to late 80s. I saw it years ago, but from what I recall, in one scene in the movie, he goes to a shopping mall. In that mall, there are people waiting in line dressed up as the living dead waiting to get autographs from someone......George Romero? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I didn't see it on DVD at Amazon.com, so maybe my mind is still not quite recovered from the damage inflicted yesterday while reading the so-called spoiler for Day 07.

Undisclosed
    I think they are lining up to see Tobe Hooper in "Morgan Stewart".

I saw a night reference last night. Thumbing through the channels, there weren't crap on TV, so I stopped at "Stir of Echos" with Kevin Bacon. Seen it before, once, so we gave it another look.

Toward the end, the little boy is watching TV in his room and the "ghost" keeps changing the channel he is watching to Night OTLD.

funny part is, when they first show the movie, it is the part at the first when the zoms are breaking the headlights in Bens truck.

the channel changes back to the kids show, then right back to "Night" and the film has jumped forward to the "feeding" scene in the truck with bar-b-q'ed Tom and Judy!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Although not a film, there's a Simpsons episode where the old folk from the nursing home are clawing at a shopping centre door, trying to get in, in an obvious nod to Dawn.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by eight ace
    Although not a film, there's a Simpsons episode where the old folk from the nursing home are clawing at a shopping centre door, trying to get in, in an obvious nod to Dawn.
    besides the house of horror w/all the zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate
    besides the house of horror w/all the zombies?
    Yes, there's an episode where Bart & Milhouse get stuck in the mall overnight, and when the senior citizens come in the morning to walk laps around the mall, Wiggum locks the mall doors & the oldies start beating on them with blank zombie stares, complete with moans.

Back to Morgan Stewart's Coming Home, he is waiting to get a GAR autograph, but when he gets it, it's not GAR, but the guy who played the troupe's attorney from Knightriders.

Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate
    you sure it's not the film? i just watched it and i saw it there, but i guess your memory serves you kinda good
    There may be a scene in TFTDS: The Movie that's similar, but I'm thinking of this episode of TFTDS: http://imdb.com/title/tt0716976/
    Last edited by jscott; 28-Aug-2006 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    What About Hide and Creep? It Mentions Both Night and Dawn A couple different places -Z.k
    "looks like God left the phone off the Hook"

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    There may be a scene in TFTDS: The Movie that's similar, but I'm thinking of this episode of TFTDS: http://imdb.com/title/tt0716976/
    That episode also has a reference to Day of the Dead, but you need to pay close attention or you will miss it: when they go visit Katie's sister they find that she has fallen asleep with a walkman on. Listen carefully: it is part of the soundtrack for Day of the Dead.

There was another episode (directed this time by Tom Savini) of this series that had references to both Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0716941/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

When Bobby is in his room reading an issue of Fangoria magazine, look carefully at the cover: it's "Dr. Tongue". Also, in his room we can see a poster advertising some of Romero's movies, including Dawn of the Dead and Creepshow.
    Last edited by JDP; 12-Oct-2015 at 12:10 PM. Reason: link not working properly

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    Hell of the Living Dead is a giant Dawn ripoff, including the Goblin tracks, and SWAT Team members on the hunt for zombies.

There's a Tales From The Darkside episode directed by John Harrison (can't remember the name, will look it up) where Dawn's playing on a TV in the shot (I know, it's not a film...).
    Hell of the Living Dead also has a reference to Night of the Living Dead: After the last of the team members are killed by the zombified staff at the chemical factory, we see a TV interview with a doctor who delivers the "...at the university we had a cadaver..." line. Obviously Mattei was trying to hint at how the zombie plague we saw in Night of the Living Dead supposedly started (i.e. the chemical/biological agent accident in New Guinea that we see in his movie.)