Thread: 10 Cloverfield Lane (film) - Cloverfield 2

Ireland

10 Cloverfield Lane (film) - Cloverfield 2

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I saw this earlier. I think it looks very, very good.

Ireland
    Well, it certainly got my attention.

Best crafted trailer I've seen in ages. Tells me something, but I still haven't a clue what's really going on.

Administrator

England
    Looks interesting!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Best crafted trailer I've seen in ages. Tells me something, but I still haven't a clue what's really going on.
    Agreed. Some mystery and intrigue is always best, rather than just giving me the movie in 2 minutes, which just ruins everything.

I wasn't much of a fan of Cloverfield - saw it once, no need to see it again (partly down to the overused gimmick of shaky cam 'found footage') - but this looks interesting. Winstead and Goodman? I'm in.

Refreshing also in that did anyone have any idea this was happening? Nice for something to just come along having totally been under the radar - such a rarity in this day and age.

Ireland
    I really like 'Cloverfield'. Once you get past the blah start and set up, it's great.

But yeh, the found footage thing is dead. But, it works well enough in that film, IMO.

Super Moderator

UK
    I really like 'Cloverfield'. Once you get past the blah start and set up, it's great.

But yeh, the found footage thing is dead. But, it works well enough in that film, IMO.
    It's a rare thing for a 'found footage' film to use the style well - or to have a good enough story/direction that it overcomes the hindrance of the format - a recent, but rare, example is As Above So Below, which was quite a good surprise.

Ireland
    Yeh, it wasn't bad. I probably thought it was better than it actually, though, was because we watched it just after returning from Paris, where we went into the catacombs ourselves.

Administrator

England
    Reviews seem +ve! - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/1...ld-lane-review

10 Cloverfield Lane is a remarkable debut for director Dan Trachtenberg. While its story is smaller than the one told in the original Cloverfield, it is no less effective in its ability to unnerve and excite, and ultimately reminds us that humans can be much more frightening than sharp teeth and tentacles.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Nice build up in tension and atmosphere...

The ending let it down a bit as it needlessly went too Hollywood. Should have stayed subtle and more intelligent.

But good flick!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    That...

and it had bugger all to do with 'Cloverfield'.

Administrator

England
    That...

and it had bugger all to do with 'Cloverfield'.
    Didn't really care about that TBH...
    -Carl Sagan