Thread: SNakes on a PLane snaked down the drain

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

SNakes on a PLane snaked down the drain

A very lackluster weekend so far as Fridays #'s are in and the film raised a measley $7,000,000 in one day. lOoks like all the hype was for nothing
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Nooooooooo!!!! 7,000,000 mutha f*ckin snake dollars!?!?!?!? There are SNAKES ON THAT MUTHA F*CKIN PLANE!!!!!!!!

United States
    Bet they make good money on DVD though.

Super Moderator

UK
    There was a bit on the news about it, actually it was on the news quite a bit the other day (when it came out), and one report questioned whether all this publicity would end up saturating the target market. Also, maybe people who are expecting it to be a bit stupid would rather not spend a few quid checking it out in the cinema and would rather wait to rent it ... or maybe buy it. I have to say I'm not actually all that fussed about it, it's been a bit of a chuckle to hear this and that about it, but in the end of the day I'm still not all that bothered ... will check it out eventually, who knows, it could be fantastic, but there's not that much incentive for me to be honest...

Undisclosed

Arrow

You could pretty much tell that it was gonna be "one of those movies" from the ads. It might as well have been called Gigli On A Plane.

Canada
    I think that it's selling point was how stupid it was...it's original, you have to give it that.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge
    You could pretty much tell that it was gonna be "one of those movies" from the ads. It might as well have been called Gigli On A Plane.
    LOL!

But with a name like snakes on a plane you just have to go see it. lol

United States
    I agree lol love the name....kind of gets ya right under the seat to pick your butt up and go see it. I am not sure if I want to go see it or not...I didnt listen to you guys that said "The Descent" wasnt worth it and went and seen it. I was disappointed with that movie. I should've waited and rented it.
    Should I go see "Snakes on the Plane"? I dont know please if anyone has seen it tell me if it is any good at all? any redeeming qualitys that make it worth putting my money down to see it?
    I am tempted and have saved alittle money to go? sooo HELP???

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Snakes on a Plane was a real lowbudget film, tho. It cost around 40 dollars (with reshoots). Advertising maybe bumps it up to 60 million. Worldwide, I think it will make that back. Also remember that films can make some serious cash on the DVD market. The Bring it On sequels made like 11 million in just one or two weeks!!

United States
    Actually for a 'B' movie it was entertaining. Bit of T&A, plenty of cool snake attacks, good action. Good spoof of those old Airport movies from the 70's.

United States
    What don't you people understand? THERES MOTHER ****IN SNAKES ON A MOTHER ****IN PLANE

now go see it, before i have o'l sam give you a call
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Banned User

United States

I just saw it

And I liked it. Granted it was not an award winning movie but it was fun and entertaining. I was scared and amused at the same time. Some of the deaths were cheesy. The acting was decent. I feel they could have developed a background story better in regards to the bad guy that was responsible for it all.
    My favorite line in the movie was toward the end by Samuel Jackson. "I am sick and tired of these mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane!" I may be off on the quote but it was priceless

I just have to mention the first few deaths. I found it comical. Almost a "B" movie kind of deaths. You first got the women in the bathroom having sex with the nice titties getting bit right on the nipple then you have a man getting his penis bitten while taking a wiz. Very corny, very silly.
    Last edited by HLS; 21-Aug-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Down the drain? How so? It was the #1 grossing movie at the box-office over the weekend. Not that it made that much... but I think people will steadily continue to see it throughout it's duration in theatres.

I went to the cinema tonight (Monday) and there were still a TON of people going to see it. The line went out of the place and down the sidewalk. A lot of people there to see other movies were questioning "Is some movie premiering tonight or something???" Pretty good, if you ask me.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Snakes on a Plane was a real lowbudget film, tho. It cost around 40 dollars (with reshoots). Advertising maybe bumps it up to 60 million. Worldwide, I think it will make that back. Also remember that films can make some serious cash on the DVD market. The Bring it On sequels made like 11 million in just one or two weeks!!

exactly it not about the box office as much anymore as its about dvd sales. just look at superman , it barely hitting 200 million, it budget . probly make money on the overseas/dvd sales.