Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From the Horse's Mouth....Land IS after Day! Part II

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate View Post
    good point. plus you can see the layered eath, theres none of that in florida. and no, i'm from north florida and it's all sand also! plus the aquafer in florida is gigantic! maybe it's possible, but it'd have to be re-enforced and you couldn't have exposed walls like you see besides us knowing it was really filmed, underground in PA, and above ground in FL, it's still fun debating the physical possibilities.
    I think it did take place in Florida. The gator helps me believe that. Keep in mind that Rhodes also studies a map of Florida at one point, I think during the meeting.

United States
    oh i know it's florida!!!! i was merly remarking on the physical impossibilties of having an underground bunker in FL.

Super Moderator

UK
    Another Romero inconsistency, the dude throws them out all the time, no doubt to give the fanboys something to squabble over.

My point being is that you guys are now picking each other's statements apart like they were a testimonial in the Watergate incident, there's discussion, and then there's people just not agreeing with each other over and over again.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Another Romero inconsistency, the dude throws them out all the time, no doubt to give the fanboys something to squabble over.

My point being is that you guys are now picking each other's statements apart like they were a testimonial in the Watergate incident, there's discussion, and then there's people just not agreeing with each other over and over again.
    hey, i was defending my statement! thats ok right? haha and hey, i thought it was a good point i felt obligated to input since i'm from north florida. sorry if you've discussed it already

Super Moderator

UK
    Nah mate that was cool, just sayin' that I think everybody's had their say by now and that the issue has had it's day in the sun, there's not much else to discuss without people going around in circles and just not agreeing with other for bullet pointed reasons.

Banned User

United States
    Kill yourself, Philly.

It's the only way out.

Super Moderator

United States
    Die topic! Die!!!

*Wishes we had an emote for shooting the horse*

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    You know... After reading a few posts on here... And ignoring the rest, I ask myself: How is this even a debate?

George has pretty consistently put his movies in a timeline (Night, beginning of the epidemic; Dawn, a little bit in; Day, completely in).

I mean... This comes AFTER Day in the way the movies are released, this looks like after Day because the zombies are getting smart on their own, this looks like after Day because a lot of the zombies are WAYYY more ****ed up and decayed than they were in Day...

And don't even bring up Diary, because that's stated to take place at the beginning. Land takes place WELL into the epidemic. I'd say Philly pretty much has it down. Land is after Day. It was made after Day. It was made by George. Fin.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Super Moderator

UK
    Erm ... Philly was arguing Land was before Day...

Also, with Diary, that can't be included in the same saga as Night through Land, Diary is it's own, separate movie in a completely different vibe...

Dead

Undisclosed

The Gator is the Missing Link?

You guys are leaving one very important....over looked piece of the puzzle here. The gator that's coming out of the bank with the security guards....what if we some how could carbon date the duct tape around his mouth? We've looked at every conceivable angle to kill this questions...perhaps Mr. Gator has an important role in all of this.
    How LONG has he been taped?

Anyone know where to find his biography?

Does he contribute to the forums here?

Come on guys, this may be the missing link!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    You guys are leaving one very important....over looked piece of the puzzle here. The gator that's coming out of the bank with the security guards....what if we some how could carbon date the duct tape around his mouth? We've looked at every conceivable angle to kill this questions...perhaps Mr. Gator has an important role in all of this.
    How LONG has he been taped?

Anyone know where to find his biography?

Does he contribute to the forums here?

Come on guys, this may be the missing link!

Oh man....now I need a new pair of pants...

Super Moderator

UK
    You dafty...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Erm ... Philly was arguing Land was before Day...

Also, with Diary, that can't be included in the same saga as Night through Land, Diary is it's own, separate movie in a completely different vibe...
    I don't think he's arguing that I'm pretty sure he's saying Land's after, if I read the original post correctly... Yea. I wasn't really including it, it's just that when I mentioned that Land was made after Day somebody might argue that Diary was after Land, and that by using my logic that Diary must be pretty far into the outbreak... Do you get what I'm trying to say?

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Super Moderator

UK
    But of course Diary is going to be completely separate from the Night through Land saga, but I can see it's going to probably end up being a point of contention among fans similar to "was Land before or after Day" or "was Land any good" or "did 28 Days Later feature zombies" ... I can already see the poll-headed uber-thread now...

I see what you're saying, but that's my take above.

Philly was referencing a separate thread by Svengoolie that stated Land was AFTER Day from the interview Philly has quoted in this new thread, and in response to what Philly was saying in his first post of this thread:

The Day 5 years thing was in the original script long before shooting began, GAR would have obviously secured long before shooting Land what he could and could not shoot (going on previous experiences on Day), he himself said he got to shoot what he was after, so irrespective of what time that interview took place, GAR's vision remained intact, and his vision always was that Land was after Day ... and on an additional note, GAR isn't generally known for non-linear story telling, let alone in terms of new sequels.