Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: George Lucas redeems himself? (Star Wars Original Versions)

Administrator

England
    Lucas... You are a prize NUMPTY!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

actually it doesnt its from the episode "mayored to the mob" when mark hamills accosted by nerds lisa says "poor mark hamill those nerds are gonna kill him" then homers screams "nnnnneeeerrrrdddsss!" and begins to kick them away from mark hamill and mayor quimby.

it was on last night.
    it was used in both episodes, correct BUT episode #1F02 (homer goes to college) is in the fifth season, where-as episode #AABF05 (mayored to the mob) is in season 10. 5 seasons later.. just in case your math isnt that good.

so technically speaking, its from homer goes to college as it was used there first

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Lucas... You are a prize NUMPTY!
    You can say that again Neil. No one knows how pissed I am right now for spedning $70.00 on this POS collection. I am so pissed the original trilogy is sullied by this mans knack to want to keep messing up what were once great films, and not saving a superior print of the original.

One man built an entire franchise, for the fans, and that same man will destroy the entire franchise because of what he did to the fans.

LUCAS is a CHUMP
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 24-Sep-2006 at 04:42 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    One man built an entire franchise, for the fans, and that same man will destroy the entire franchise because of what he did to the fans.

LUCAS is a CHUMP
    He already has by making the silly prequels AND using them as an excuse to maim the originals. Many diehard fan folk have lost complete interest in Star Wars because of this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    He already has by making the silly prequels AND using them as an excuse to maim the originals. Many diehard fan folk have lost complete interest in Star Wars because of this.
    Here's one right here. After watching that ****ty Episode 3, I vowed never to watch Star Wars again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    as far as I am concerned Episodes 2 & 3 are complete crap. At least Episode #1 is watchable.

The new versions of 4, 5 & 6 suck. I can only stomach the original 3, and since he destroyed them why should I bother.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Could have been worse, could have digitally altered all the lightsabers and blasters to mobile phones...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Could have been worse, could have digitally altered all the lightsabers and blasters to mobile phones...
    As long as the picture was clear, and 16:9 2.35:1 as opposed to 4:3 2.35 to 1. Hell yes I wouldn't care of they were turned into dildo's. However, how can you dis your fans by releasing something as subpar as the original 3 films look on a special DVD.

LUCAS can go to hell.

OBTW, post # 2100
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    So, what you're trying to say Dj, is that Lucas did not redeem himself with the 'theatrical versions' of SW/TESB/ROTJ?

Say it isn't so!

Lucas is a few bananas short of a bunch.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    So, what you're trying to say Dj, is that Lucas did not redeem himself with the 'theatrical versions' of SW/TESB/ROTJ?

Say it isn't so!
    It is so. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is so.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like he needs to "redeem himself", anyway.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    So true...Anyway he looks at it, "if I put out another DVD and claim it is the uber super duper special so limited not even a proctologist with a microscope can find it edition... People will buy it."
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

In my eyes, yes, he indeed does. What's your point?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    In my eyes, yes, he indeed does. What's your point?
    No....I think you misunderstood. He has let down fans. In that aspect of it, you're right and I agree. I'm saying that he doesn't need to redeem himself because he'll never have to lift another finger for work for the rest of his life, and regardless of how much the fanboys b*tch and moan about how he's supposedly screwed them(with HIS films ), they will still fork out the cash and will still love the films. Regardless of what's changed or been added in.

Myself? I have the original DVD set with the special edition edits of the three films and I don't mind one bit that it's not the originals. I saw the originals countless times(still have them all on VHS) and there's nothing wrong with someone improving on their OWN WORK. He's allowed to do it.

And even though people will gripe and gripe and gripe about it and never actually admit it, they still know that in the back of their minds, the Special Editions are actually pretty cool with the new footage/effects.

But at the same time, I agree with you. He does owe it to the fans to at least release the originals once more on DVD. Me?.....I'm sticking with the ones I already have.

Dead

Undisclosed
    my take on all this is I'll give George Lucas one more chance for the originals. Either he'll do the job that will do the movies justice on the next generation format, or we'll get the perfect dvd once he hands over control of dvds to somebody who actually gives a crap about the series. Although I refuse to buy any of the movies until I am given confirmation it is worth it to purchase them again, I will give Lucas credit for the video games. They are fun, addictive, and something new...to an extent.