Thread: Resident Evil 2 Hidden Area?

capncnut

Resident Evil 2 Hidden Area?

After playing Resident Evil 2 to death in the late nineties, one thing still haunts me; what's with that hidden gate opposite the police station? For those of you who have not found this yet, you have to kill every zombie in the courtyard outside the station to make the gate appear. No matter how hard I tried, the damn thing wouldn't open! I've had suggestions from people (mostly bulls**t) on how to open it; one pal even told me that I had to combine all four police station keys to make up a 'super key' that would open the gate but it turned out to be false. This gate does appear briefly in Resident Evil 3 as an entrance to the station but as for it's purpose in the second game, I'm stumped! Can anyone clear this up?
    Last edited by capncnut; 13-Oct-2006 at 07:22 PM.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    There's nothing beyond there, no extra areas, no hidden secrets .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i wouldnt be so quick, take a look with a camera hack in the pc version you may find something there are many areas in silent hill 2 for the pc were, if using a camera hack you go through walls you find extra areas like new rooms and passage ways to even a farm near the start in the woods which were never visited and abandoned but left in the game code, since it IS a survival horror and your meant to run outside to conserve ammo i think its entirely plausible to be a glitch left in the games programming that was never used but still left in the games programming.

you never know.

United States
    yeah that bugged that crap out of me too

Undisclosed
    Its not physically possible to get through the gate in normal gameplay. It might be possible with a Game Genie or whatever but I wouldn't know. I can remember when the game first came out and there was loads of rumours about what was beyond the gate. People said there was a Demo of a new game behind there, others said you found Rebecca Chambers from the first game there and played a small side mission as her. Its all crap, I wonder what Capcoms official explanation of the secret gate would be?

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Others said you found Rebecca Chambers from the first game there and played a small side mission as her. I wonder what Capcoms official explanation of the secret gate would be?
    I heard that rumour too but alas, it's bulls**t. As for the Capcom explaination, I've checked most official and un-official FAQ's and found nada. If this gate is really 'nothing' then why do you have to kill the two zombies in the courtyard for it to appear? I'm sure there's something you gotta do...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well apparently according to some site i found a while a go it led to a church and some little side bit about a nut job, but it wasnt cool to have "people" as enems without getting severer sanctions than just an 18 rating, it would have been taken out anyway like the mumblers and drk children in silent hill 1 us and pal editions.

one note i thought id mention, according to a source from capacom resident evil 5 isnt a desert city at all but the ruins of racoon city years after it was bombed and the virus did survive and its slightly more sci-fi with research stations by umbrella, like the ones near the halfway point of far cry.

United States
    i want to know how something survives a nuclear bomb

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well they kinda re wrote it with outbreak file 2...or 1 i cant remember instead it was a few missiles launched from fighter jets.
    cus who would think its a good tactic to drop a nuke and irradiate part of the u.s? sure it would make a good cover story but umbrella would lose a lot in the area to.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    i want to know how something survives a nuclear bomb
    The only zombies that would be killed by the bomb would be the ones hit by the blast and shockwaves.

Remember, radiation has no effect on them, as they're already dead.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007